• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Talk about temp swings....

Started by Mr Walleye, January 28, 2008, 04:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

Holy Crap... Yesterday the temp here was +8C... That's about 46 F  8)

Today... -53C with the wind chill... That's -63F  ???

Talk about temp swings!  :'(

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

La Quinta

Holy chit Mike...-63 degrees (F)? Ok...forget I ever posted anything about our weather...well until July anyway!! :) Stay warm little camper! How the hell does one even stay warm in that kinda temp anyway?

Mr Walleye

Being outside kinda sucks alright! We have winds gusting to 70 kph right now. Skin freezes in under a minute. Definitely not good to be outside... Turn the furnace up!  :D

Mike

Mr Walleye

.....And you guys wondered why I built my smoker into my heated garage.... I don't even think you could get a puck to burn here today!  :o

Mike

acords

It was about 45F here today, but talking about -30 by Tuesday night :'(
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

Ontrack

Mike, acords, if you guys are trying to make me feel better about my weather, it ain't working. If it's under 30, it might as well be be -30, unless somebody decides to move the railroad indoors. Seriously, I do feel for you guys. We've had some -10s plus wind chills in the last few years, and I was thinking about a career change. You guys don't take any chances, try to stay inside as much as possible. And remember La Quinta turning on her fireplace at 50+ degrees :D.

Gizmo

Quote from: Mr Walleye on January 28, 2008, 04:26:46 PM
Holy Crap... Yesterday the temp here was +8C... That's about 46 F  8)

Today... -53C with the wind chill... That's -63F  ???

Talk about temp swings!  :'(

Mike

I remember some -20 deg below with several extra while going to electronics school in the Navy at Great Mistakes Ill.  A 6 pack of beer on the window ledge only took about 5-10 minutes to start to freeze little ice crystals inside.   Might tasty cold I might add.  I don't know that you could even put a bottle of beer out in that cold, Mike, without it shattering and instantly turning into a beer cycle.  I wouldn't be tempted to stick my tongue on it either.   8)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Mr Walleye

I think that must be why I drink whiskey. It doesn't freeze!  ;)

Mike

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: Mr Walleye on January 28, 2008, 06:42:12 PM
I think that must be why I drink whiskey. It doesn't freeze!  ;)

I feel the chill at a distance, and am drinking accordingly...   :o

Arcs_n_Sparks

Mr Walleye

Arcs... Did you leave that dam fridge door open again!  ;D

Mike

carnie1

And they said it was gonna get cold last night here in south Fl ,might of went all the way down to 50  ;)

Wildcat

:o -63?  That is not cold - that is a nightmare come true!  I bet if you set that whiskey outside for a couple of hours you might be surprised with at least a good tasting popcycle.  ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: Mr Walleye on January 28, 2008, 06:48:24 PM
Arcs... Did you leave that dam fridge door open again!  ;D

No, I think you guys left the door open, and all that cold air is flowing down here! Thank goodness for strong beverages...

La Quinta

Hey OnTrack it was 60+ degrees for the fireplace!!!!...never gonna biatch again...but when you guys have a nice "cool" summer in the freakin 80"s maybe...I may tell ya what 120 feels like outside...kay? But for now...our cold weather friends...stay warm and have another drink!!! Antifreeze is good...yes? :)

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: La Quinta on January 28, 2008, 09:19:09 PM
Antifreeze is good...yes? :)

Definitely working in Livermore......   :D