• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Another varmit in the yard

Started by iceman, February 21, 2008, 05:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

My critters were barking like crazy tonight.
This guy was a wee bit bigger than I would let them take after.
Could be next seasons dinner though.  ;D :D ;)

HCT

I'd like to say it looks like good eats but what the hell do I know. :D :D :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Ontrack

Great pics, Ice. We have a "family" of whitetails that hang out in our yard pretty much all of the time, usually around 6 or 8. Tonight I walked out of the door with our jack russell/beagle/mutt (always on a leash) and she started jumping, whining,flipping,barking, etc. There were 14 of those beauties, all of various sizes but none with horns. We stood and watched them for a while, but they came so close I had to take the dog back inside. She had to wait until they all left before she could have her "poop walk". :)

coyote

Great pic's Ice......I keep thinkin'... Northern Exposure...the TV show 8)

Kane

thats awesome. wish I had backyard visitors.  :(

Ontrack

Kane, fire up that smoker and you'll have visitors! ;). I had a backyard visitor of a different kind yesterday...my neighbor is heading up a new air ambulance program in my area, and she came by in the new chopper and set down in my back yard. I got a quick tour and was earlier promised a ride, but the bird was full and the only place left was the stretcher in the back. No thanks, not til I really need to...I did take some neat pics of the pilot "showing off" and trying to scare everyone onboard-will try to post them later.

aces-n-eights

Moose are cool!  here's a couple of eagles perched in a tree in front of the house...

US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

La Quinta

WOW is all I can say! You guys have no idea how lucky you are to be surrounded by that kind of wildlife! I'll try to get a picture of a hummingbird dive bombing the dogs? (Actually it does happen alot!!)  Anybody interested? :)

Gizmo

Totally awesome.  Would love to have a couple cool friends like that around.  Undoubtedly the most majestic bird out there.  Are those a couple of young ones?  The feathers look a littly rough like what you would find on the young ones waiting for their flight feathers to grow in. 

Here ya go LaQuinta

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

aces-n-eights

Quote from: Gizmo on February 27, 2008, 08:33:20 PM
Totally awesome.  Would love to have a couple cool friends like that around.  Undoubtedly the most majestic bird out there.  Are those a couple of young ones?  The feathers look a littly rough like what you would find on the young ones waiting for their flight feathers to grow in. 

These are actually mature bald eagles.  Young eagles are kind of a mottled/speckled color for their first three years and then their head and tail feathers turn white.  Female and males look very similar with the female being a bit larger than the male.  I think it was pretty cold the day i took that picture and they were fluffed up to stay warm.

Very cool hummingbird pic, Gizmo!

And, YES, i'd love to see a pic of a hummingbird bombing the dog!
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

Wildcat

I'd love to see dogs being dive bombed as well.  We have lots of hummers around here but they are too skittish to tackle a dog.  There are some nesting Bald Eagles about 15 miles from here on a lake.  No moose here.  Plenty of Ospray, hawks, fox, coyote, small game, deer, snakes.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

bullsi1911

Cute!

I had these gals in my side yard the other day when I came home from work:

La Quinta

Very cool bullsi...pretty little angels..I will sit outside in the morning (cause that's when the hummers are frisky) and attempt a shot..They are quick tho...but the dogs do seem to enjoy trying to eat them...they are Shih Tzus tho...so jumping is minimal! :)

bullsi1911

Yeah, those gals drive our rat terrier nuts.  If he could get out of the fence, I do believe he would catch one.

Ontrack

I thought I was getting attacked by a huge bird while walking the dog yesterday afternoon. We we strolling along in the back yard when the sky was suddenly darkened by a HUGE shadow. I looked up and was amazed to see the DirecTV blimp straight overhead. It's NASCAR week here, so I thought it was just the sound of another plane going over. It landed at the airport a mile or so away. You can actually see it sitting on the runway when traveling down the interstate. I've seen blimps in the air before, but never flying as low as yesterday, nor have I seen one sitting on the ground. It's gigantic!