No Topic Reply Notification

Started by yul, February 25, 2008, 03:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yul

Has any one else had trouble getting the "notify me of replies" to work. I put a check in the box just before posting but do not get any notification. When I check "manually" people have indeed replied. The system worked for the first couple of weeks that I was on the board but now seems to have given up.
Brian. Montreal.

Mr Walleye

I have never used that option. Does it notify you by email or PM?

If it's by email you might want to check your profile to make sure your email address is correct. The other thing there might be in your profile is the ability to turn that option on or off. With the recent updates to the forum something may have been lost in the transition.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Mr Walleye

When they upgraded the forum there are a number more options in your profile. I just looked at mine and there is a page of settings for "Notifications & Email". I would bet it's one of those settings in your profile.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

yul

Hi Mike, yes it sends an e mail ( or used to) to your personal e mail address letting you know that you have had a reply. I will go and have a look at my profile. Now I think about it, this all started the week end they did the upgrade.
Brian. Montreal.

Gizmo

Your email provider may have some filtering that detects the email as Spam and trashes it.  I have not used the option either so don't know if it has stopped working or if it ever did.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Simon1969

Sorry to drag up an ancient thread but I have notifications switched on and don't get them either. I have checked setting I can find but still nothing comes through when I get replies to posts??? 
Regards,

Simon

mikecorn.1

I will occasionally set mine on but on my phone thru tapatalk app. It's called,, subscribe. It will send an email to me when someone comments on a thread I have also commented on.
Maybe you have a setting wrong. Also make sure that your email provider is not sending the notifications to the junk folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Toker

I have the same problem even with notification ON.

Simon1969

I have just found that Hotmail is filtering it online as spam before Outlook is collecting it  ;)
Regards,

Simon

Toker

My registered email is not an hotmail lol.