Thermometer Bracket

Started by Mr Walleye, March 09, 2008, 04:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

I decided I needed a better way to hold my Maverick ET73 and other thermometers. I decided I would make the brackets out of 1/8 inch steel. I cut the pieces 3.5 inches by 6 inches and bent a 90 degree angle in the middle to create an "L" bracket. Next I used 5 minute epoxy to glue magnets on the "L" bracket and on the back of my thermometers. They work real well and keep my work area a little clearer. Anyway here are a few pictures.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Wildcat

That look great!  Nicely done.  ;)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Ontrack

Good job Mike. Sure beats the heck out of my velcro... :)

Arcs_n_Sparks

First is was black antenna on the nice white tube....

Now we have more antenna on the big box....

I think Mr. Walleye is concentrating wormhole powers in his part of the universe....

Stephen Hawking  :o

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Arcs_n_Sparks on March 09, 2008, 05:34:50 PM
First is was black antenna on the nice white tube....

Now we have more antenna on the big box....

I think Mr. Walleye is concentrating wormhole powers in his part of the universe....

Stephen Hawking  :o

:D  :D  :D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Gizmo

Mike,
Becareful taking those units off the brackets.  I can see it now with those two magnets where you are tugging and tugging then snap, the transmitter plastic snaps in half with the magnets and plastic they were expoxied to are still attached to the L bracket. 
Nice addition.  My transmitter has been sitting on top for so long it is visibally yellow compared to the clean receiver.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

My velcro is humbled. Once again nice looking work Mike.  8)  Kinda making that plastic pipe PID look uncoordinated dont ya think  ??? Maybe ought to send it to me  :D  : D  :D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

begolf25

Great idea Mike! How much for a set of 2 sent to PA?..lol