• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

im in a bind help

Started by CLAREGO, March 13, 2008, 10:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLAREGO

im been a member on here for awhile im wondering if there is anyone out there that knows a method to put a trap door in a ceiling i want to drywall it any ideas??

dick621

Are you just wanting a crawl hole to access the attic or are you planning to put a pull down stairs in?
Dick in Emmett, Idaho

Buck36

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=3632-287-S2210&lpage=none

This is the one I bought at Lowe's for our garage. The installation was a snap with easy directions. The ladder is connected to a piece of plywood and can be trimmed out easy. If you are looking for a simple hole cut for access but no ladder it is even easier. Bigger issue is insulating the access hole if it is inside.

whitetailfan

yes more info please.
I once drywalled a ceiling that buried my outside water shut off.  They make a pop in spring plastic door/plug that will come in and out and only measures maybe 8 inch square.  Drywall holds it in place and no bracing needed.

the other method if you need crawl space hole, (without stairs) is to cut your hole, measure a piece of plywood to fit loosely, and then I just used door trim screwed to the rafters.  It overlaps the drywall and the hole, so you have to put your plywood into the attic before you screw in the trim and your plywood just gets pushed up and over into the attic when you need access.
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

iceman

You could always do what Ann did last summer. I needed some help with a project and was just pulling ribs out of the smoker so she went down the street to my buddies and told them ribs were ready for lunch. I had 2 electricians 3 carpenters and a sheet rocker show up for lunch and got the lights in the smoke house installed, the exhaust fans mounted and the sofits put in all in 30 minutes!!!  :D ;D ;)
Smart gal.

Wildcat

Quote from: iceman on March 13, 2008, 04:28:28 PM
You could always do what Ann did last summer. I needed some help with a project and was just pulling ribs out of the smoker so she went down the street to my buddies and told them ribs were ready for lunch. I had 2 electricians 3 carpenters and a sheet rocker show up for lunch and got the lights in the smoke house installed, the exhaust fans mounted and the sofits put in all in 30 minutes!!!  :D ;D ;)
Smart gal.

What a wife!  Did she get them to bring the adult drinks as well?
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

CLAREGO

lol ice
this is for a dining room its an old townhouse above that is plumming i what to have a trap door there

Habanero Smoker

It sounds like you want an access door; something like this.
http://www.intersourceco.com/id71.html

Do a Google search for the term "ceiling access panel" or "ceiling access door", and you will come up with a lot of hits.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

CLAREGO

seen that habs thanks does anyone have experience with this type of access door?