Chicken Saute Sec

Started by Consiglieri, March 16, 2008, 12:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consiglieri

This is one of my favorites.  A nice, savory chicken dish with a sauce that's good over pasta or rice.  I typically use boneless chicken breast, but you can use a whole cut up chicken too.  Made a big batch last night and enjoying the leftovers today.

4 to 6 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to uniform thickness, cut into halfs, dusted with flour, seasoned with garlic salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.

1/2C white wine
2C diced white onion
3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 cans large black olives, drained.  (Those who like mushrooms can substitute them for half the olives)
Chicken stock
Rosemary sprig
Sage sprig
Kitchen Bouquet
Additonal salt and pepper to taste

Heat olive oil in a large saute pan and brown the chicken over medium high heat.  When browned add the white wine and loosen up any brown bits from the pan.  Add the onions and garlic and let cook a bit.  Add enough chicken stock to cover the chicken (I usually add extra for more sauce).  Add the olives, herb sprigs and a splash of Kitchen Bouquet to make the sauce brown.  Simmer partially covered for thirty minutes, stirring occassionally.  Remove lid and simmer for another thirty minutes.  Remove the herb sprigs, adjust seasoning and thicken sauce with corn starch dissolved in cold water.

Hope you guys like this one as much as I do. 
Consiglieri

Habanero Smoker

Thanks. Looks like a good recipe to try out.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Consiglieri

I think you'll like it, Habs.  The ingredients are pretty simply, but they come together in a flavor that rocks.  Plus, no fancy tasks required.
Consiglieri