Trouble with a Fire

Started by Kevin Krause, November 23, 2004, 10:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Krause

My smokers' biskit feeder went haywire last night, and fed too many biskits, causing a logjam of hot biskits next to the door, and catching the door and the unit on fire....has anyone else had this happen to them?

kevin

Habanero Smoker

I have had problems with it advancing one briquettes after another, due to the advance button sticking, but I caught it in time, the bowl was able to contain all the briquettes, and there was no fire. Also there has never been an occasion in which I loaded more then 12 briquettes, and the bowl will contain that many.

I hope there was no serious damage beyond the BS. How many pucks did you load? Did you have any water in the bowl when you started?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Kevin Krause

i did what i always do,,,load the hopper tube to the top, or nearly so...yeah, there was water there, but so many pucks went in, it kind of "bridged" and they started rolling, on fire, next to the door....

smoker was totalled, fire dept. showed up, lost two Turkey Day birds..

bad scene....

BigSmoker

Kevin,
I'm sorry about your smoker and birds[:(].  If the unit was still under waranty I'm sure Bradley will do the right thing.  Take some pics just in case they need some proof.  I usually only load about 4hrs worth of smoke in the generator but have loaded it completely just because I could.

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Chez Bubba

Kevin,

I've heard a lot of stories & this is a new one on me. Like BigSmoker said, I'd call Bradley. Given the specifics of what & how you were smoking, they should either be able to explain what you did wrong or explain how their unit malfunctioned and make it right with you. In my experience, they'll probably do both.[;)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?