• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Digital 4 rack smoker

Started by Tmcclue, March 23, 2008, 10:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tmcclue

Any recomendations besides returning it would be greatly appreciated.

NePaSmoKer

What dont you like about it?

nepas

Mr Walleye

Hi Tmcclue and welcome to the forum.

I'm assuming you have the DBS. By the sounds of it the right hand side of the display (main tower temp) fires up fine and I assume the heating element gets red hot. The left side of the display and buttons run the smoke generator and by the sounds of it, yours won't come to life. One thing I have seen is the on/off button itself can sometimes require a pretty good push with the tip of your finger to get it to work.

Some other things to check, make sure all the cords are seated good, they sometimes don't quite seat properly. Something else we have heard of is during shipping or whatever a connector inside the generator has come apart. The generator is not that difficult to take apart.

Keep us posted how you are making out and certainly if you have just purchased it I wouldn't hesitate in returning it and or calling Bradley themselves.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

pensrock

I agree with Mike. (1) Check all the connections outside the unit. (2) Open up the generator and check for loose or seperated connections. (3) Give Bradley a call for a replacement generator or other assistance. It really is a fairly simply made unit, if it's not a loose connection or wire that came disconnected during shipping then it could be in the display itself and should be replaced.

West Coast Kansan

Bradley has a lot of generators. Give them a call and let them make it right for you.   ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)