• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

maverick ET-73

Started by ipleaseu, March 24, 2008, 12:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipleaseu

Can anyone tell me what is the Maverick ET-73.. And whaat is its functions?  And where can i get one?  What does FTC stand for?

Arcs_n_Sparks

ipleaseu,

Welcome to the forum. The ET-73 is a dual-probe thermometer with wireless capability to a remote readout. A web search will find it; here is one link: http://www.partshelf.com/maet73.html

Usually one probe is monitoring the box temperature and the other is in the food.

FTC = Foil, Towel, Cooler. A technique to keep stuff hot while you finish your adult beverage (or provide flexibility in timing). Basically, wrap the meat in foil, wrap a towel around it, and place it in a cooler. Will keep hot for hours.

Of course, my favorite FTC terms are: Fill The Cup and then Follow The Chicks...

Arcs_n_Sparks

ipleaseu

Thanks ARCS helps alot couldn't figure it out for nothing in the world!  When u smoke a pork butt do u smoke it the entire time.  Or do u smoke for a desired time, and then continue to cook until desired temp?  I am concerned that smoking a 6# pork butt for 10 straight hours will be to smoked,LOL

Consiglieri

I wouldn't apply smoke more than 4 hours of the total cooking time. 
Consiglieri

Arcs_n_Sparks

As Consiglieri pointed out, most do not smoke beyond four hours, and some do less. Depends on your taste buds. I would work up rather than work down after an ash tray experience.