• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

question about reveo food tumbler

Started by beefmann, March 25, 2008, 03:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beefmann

does any one own a Reveo food tumbler? and if so what are its good  points and its bad?

have you  ever  use it to season the food and let  it  stand for a  while?

how  easy  is it to use?

any problems  using the  vaccuume seal lid

has it  lost it vaccume during  the tumbling

any problems with the unit as in  the vaccuume unit  not  working ...  vaccume hard to keep

any problems with the food canister or its lid and valve

and problems  with the main tumbler handling  5 lbs of food

thanks
Beefmann

iceman

Quote from: beefmann on March 25, 2008, 03:57:47 PM
does any one own a Reveo food tumbler? and if so what are its good  points and its bad?
Adds great flavor and moisture to meats and other foods. If you over tumble you can ruin the meat depending on how fragile it is.
have you  ever  use it to season the food and let  it  stand for a  while?
I do whole chickens with broth and olive oil and let it sit on the counter for the 30 minutes while the smoker or grill warms up
how  easy  is it to use?
If you can push a button and read simple directions you have it made

any problems  using the  vaccuume seal lid
I've only heard of one person having a seal problem

has it  lost it vaccume during  the tumbling
Never has with me
any problems with the unit as in  the vaccuume unit  not  working ...  vaccume hard to keep
No problems. Very happy with it

any problems with the food canister or its lid and valve
Keep them clean and you won't have any problems, real easy clean up

and problems  with the main tumbler handling  5 lbs of food
I do 5 pound chickens all the time. That is about the max though.

thanks
Beefmann

Arcs_n_Sparks

Have had great experience with my Reveo.

No vacuum or other problems. Good points are if you normally marinate all day, this can really speed things up. Bad point is if you are not careful, you can over marinate in my opinion.

Mr Walleye

I agree with everything that has been said by Ice & Arcs. Very simple and easy to use. I have never had a problem with mine.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Kummok

An absolutely GREAT addition to the kitchen arsenal, Beefman. We've tried some of our favorite recipes with the soak-for-hours v.s. the Reveo for minutes and the Reveo has won every flavor contest. Just used it last night for our "gauranteed-winner-with-first-time-dinner-guests" grilled flank steak....they LOVED it! Quick and easy to use....the only problem that I've had with it is a cracked lid that wouldn't allow a tight seal. Called Reveo and they replaced it with NO charge...not even for the shipping, which is a rarity for us Alaskans. I picked up a spare tumbler/lid, just-in-case it takes a dive again when I have dinner guests coming. I had my doubts at first, about how it might mush up my fresh salmon steaks, but it never has. Had it about 3.5 years now, use it often and just the one cracked lid problem. Definitely wouldn't be without one.......

gscheig

I bought one used and it did not seal right - working with the original owner, I got new lids and it has worked great.

It really does work and it does tenderize - I learned last week as I over tumbled some kabobs with pineapple juice that it turned them to mush...

That being said, I really like the results when used as suggested.