• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

First meats complete,now cleanup

Started by renvette, April 08, 2008, 08:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renvette

I smoked my first batch of meat this past weekend and things went well.  I smoked  sausage, pork chops and baby back ribs...I love this smoker!   Now, having said that, what do I need to clean other than the racks?  Please post here and email me since I tend to forget things.  [email protected]  All help is greatly appreciated.

Happy smoking!

West Coast Kansan

Welcome to the forum.

Clean racks, water bowl, the V drip tray, and the bottom tray the water bowl sits in... with an old cloth and soapy water wipe the door gasket and the surface it seals against on the tower.

The vent will build up with grunge over time but I have just started to ignore that.  If it gets stuck closed it will loosen when you warm up the tower for pre heating.

Not much else... Take Care

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Kane

I have a BIG tupperware container I got from a hardware store for a couple bucks. Whenever Im finished with a smoke I just toss the racks, v-tray and the bottom water bowl tray in and give a few shots of Dawn dish soap than fills it with hot water and lets it sit over night. next day I can pretty much wipe everything clean with a rag and SOS pad.  The water bowl cleans up like brand new with a SOS pad.  I wipe all the door seals with hot water rag after every smoke and the vent gets removed and cleaned every other smoke. have fun! ;)

Ontrack

Brillo pad, rock & roll, and adult beverages...clean as a whistle... ;D