• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

smoked steak ???

Started by westexasmoker, April 16, 2008, 04:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

Quick question if anybody is online..I just threw two prime rib steaks in for a cold smoke temp wise like cheese???? Or a bit higher???  Going on the grill afterwards.  Any input???

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Wildcat

This will work.  It is better to keep temp as low as possible and smoke for about 20 minutes to an hour, then wrap in plastic wrap, then fridge overnite.  I suggest you use a strong wood like oak, hickory, etc.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

westexasmoker

Uh Oh this are for dinner tonight...I planned on just a grillin, but  I thought...Hmmmmm self a quick smoke then a grill..you think I boogered it up??  Come to think of it to late now we'll see!!   ;D

C

Wildcat

I may not have stated things correctly.  What you are doing is fine.  IMHO the method I mentioned above will only make it better for the next time.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Ontrack

I AGAIN agree with Wildcat. :) The only way I will grill a steak now is if I cold smoke it first, vac seal it, and refrigerate it overnight. Outta this world!

westexasmoker

Turned out quite good..smoked with mesquite for about 2 hours max temp of 108 and quick sear both sides..yummy with baked tater topped with my first batch of smoked chedder.  I'll try and plan better (like that will ever happen with anything I do  ::) ) and try the vac seal the night before..Can you do a quick smoke with swordfish steaks and then grill or am I asking for a quick/tasty way of making ourselves sick??

C

bullsi1911

I love the smoked steak.  I have done that 2-3 times now, and each time am amazed with the tenderness and flavor.

I'm going to attempt a flank steak tonight.

iceman

Quote from: westexasmoker on April 17, 2008, 05:21:13 AM
Turned out quite good..smoked with mesquite for about 2 hours max temp of 108 and quick sear both sides..yummy with baked tater topped with my first batch of smoked chedder.  I'll try and plan better (like that will ever happen with anything I do  ::) ) and try the vac seal the night before..Can you do a quick smoke with swordfish steaks and then grill or am I asking for a quick/tasty way of making ourselves sick??

C

I don't see why the fish wouldn't work. I put one puck on the heat plate of the generator and turn just the generator on. When the smoke starts to roll I grab a couple salmon filets right out of the fridge and toss them in the smoker for the 20 minutes it takes for the puck to burn. I then toss it right on the grill to finish it off. Adds a nice aroma and flavor to the grilled fish.

KyNola

Ice,
I would never have thought of that.  What a great idea.  That's why you're the man!!!

KyNola

westexasmoker

Ice,

Plan worked out perfect!  20 mins of smoke straight to the grill....Yummy swordfish  :D

Thanks,
C

iceman

Quote from: westexasmoker on April 18, 2008, 04:31:14 PM
Ice,

Plan worked out perfect!  20 mins of smoke straight to the grill....Yummy swordfish  :D

Thanks,
C

Glad you liked it. Sort of adds the perfect touch sometimes.