• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Temperature Problem

Started by david1340, April 23, 2008, 08:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david1340

This is my first smoke with my new Bradley Original Smoker. I'm smoking one rack of salmon. Temperature outside is in the fifties. After 3 hours, the temperature won't go beyond 130 degrees. I've used Bradley smokers in the past and have not had this problem. Any ideas?

Arcs_n_Sparks

david1340,

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are only getting heat from the puck burner. Does the front light move from dim to bright as you slide the control knob? Some members have noted that if moved to the extreme right position, it may be a dead spot. Backing off has helped.

Arcs_n_Sparks

Gizmo

Check the heating element and see if it is glowing red hot.  It sounds like your puck burner is the only heating source.  Check cables and fuses.  I will assume you are pushing the slider all the way over to high and if so, drag it back just a slight amount.  Some members with originals have notice a dead spot in the slider when set at the max position.  This may be only on ones that have been in use for some time, but is a good check to just back it down.  Again, the heating element should be glowing red.  There are also a few folks that received new units with loose wiring in the generator and tighning those connections up have helped.  
Let us know what else you are seeing and we can try to provide some additional help.  A call to Bradley and their support can also be used and they are great to deal with from those that have had a need.  I am going on 2 years with out a problem so can only pass along what others here have claimed.

Looks like you beat me to it Arcs.  Since I have a few extra comments here, I'll leave it as is.  :)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/