• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

smoke generator over heating?

Started by Toker, April 26, 2008, 03:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

As long as you don't use the plastic dryer vent hose (if they still make them). I'm always using the cold smoke setup with a flexible aluminum hose when I smoke hams, sausage, and fish. Using the cold smoke set up is the only way I can start with lower temperature 110-130°F. During this time you need to use the heating element. The later stages I use temperatures up to 180°F, with no damage to the flexible. I have never taken it over 180°F, with the hose still attached to the cabinet.

I forgot to answer your second question. I have the Raptor/Guru (DigiQ II). The best way to keep the temperature to around 123°F is to use the cold smoke setup; smoke during the early morning or late evening when it is cool, keep the smoker out of direct sun light (if possible), open the vent wider to keep the temperature down

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Toker

yes as always my master has spoken! lol! thx i didnt thought about anything else than ulminium hose btw like you said dont know if they still producing the plastic one many complaints in my region about this one at least for a normal way to use a dryer hose. thx again.

La Quinta

IronHabs is da man...!! Habs...you awe me with every post!! Thanks!! (and I think I can safely say that for a lot of us here!!) :)