When/what to clean in hte 4 rack BDS?

Started by bigblueh20, April 29, 2008, 06:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigblueh20

Question, I've used the BDS approximately 10 times. there is now a nice stickey residue covering the walls of the smoker...could someone tell me if I ever need to clean inside? I have been cleaning the bowl, drip pan and racks...anything else. thanks, big blue.

manxman

Quotethere is now a nice stickey residue covering the walls of the smoker...could someone tell me if I ever need to clean inside?

Sticky residue covering the walls of the smoker is good......... doesn't need cleaning off.  ;) Occasionally it will dry and begin the flake off but a paint brush is handy to just brush these bits off. I then use canned air to blow the bits out that have lodged in corners, also use the canned air to blow bits of sawdust out of the smoke generator occasionally.

Only other thing I do besides what you said is the clean the rubber door seal with a damp cloth after each smoke, stops it sticking. Occasionally clean the vent and the puck heater element but not after every smoke, maybe after every 6 - 10 smokes.

Manxman

Tiny Tim

Wouldn't touch the walls unless there's something ready to fall off and onto the food.  Only addition to what you're doing that I've seen is to wipe down the door seal (every time) and to take the screw out of the vent and clean between the cabinet and vent every few smokes.