Post your pets

Started by Smoking Duck, April 30, 2008, 07:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Duck

After seeing Old's pics of his awesome 4 legged friends, I figured why not start a thread where we can show off all of our 4 legged friends.  Pictured below is my awesome black lab, Steeler (yes, she's a champ just like the Steelers).  She goes with me just about everywhere I go and is a duck retrieving machine.  Gonna start working her on pheasants this year.  She's 3 years old and has her UKC Started title and is two steps away from her AKC Jr. Title.  Now that I have a lot more free time, hope to finish her off this year.  She has an awesome hunting pedigree and I'm looking to breed her this year.  Anyways, without further ado, I bring you this man's best friend:

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

pensrock

Duck, great looking dog and you got to LOVE the name!  :D :D :D

The only pets I have are my trout in my pond behind the house, it's kind of hard to get them to pose for a picture.  ;) ;) It is a small spring fed pond and no fishing is allowed, they are just to look at.

I always wanted a dog but I live by myself and do some traveling for work so at this point it is impossible to have a pet. When we were growing up we always had Beagles for rabbit hunting.  :)

NePaSmoKer

Here is kiki the sausage, snack stick, jerky eatin puppers. Almost 1 year old schitzu. Trying to teach her to hunt wabbits but she aint getting the hang of it yet.

nepas

pensrock

Nepas,
Tell her if she wants any smoked wabbit sausage she has to chip in.  ;D ;D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pensrock on April 30, 2008, 07:42:53 AM
Nepas,
Tell her if she wants any smoked wabbit sausage she has to chip in.  ;D ;D
I been trying too  ;D maybe i aint saying it right  lol

nepas

pensrock

Woof, woof, wabbit sausage, woof, woof!  ;D ;D

Payson

My beast, Gluten

If the pic didn't show, here he is as well:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/raisingale/2300054451/

Lefty_Smoker

Here is my female, 4 year old chocolate lab, Luca Bella.

And when she's not chasing the beasts of the field, she likes to help me "tend" the smoker.  I think she's got it down pat, whadya think?  ;D   

pensrock

aces-n-eights

Here's a shot of Ben, our German Shorthair, Springer Spaniel mix   (German Spaniel?... Springer Shorthair?... ;D ).  He's a great dog and a great friend.

US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

Smoking Duck

Nice looking Lab, Lefty.  I assume she's retrieve the beers for you, but does she open them up?  ;D

Great looking dog, Aces.  I'll bet has one heck of a nose on him.  You take him hunting at all?

NePaSmoKer

good looking family members everyone.

I am showing kiki the wabbit but she just dont get it.....lol

nepas

Smoking Duck

Perhaps Kiki is a coon hound?  ;D

aces-n-eights

Quote from: Smoking Duck on April 30, 2008, 03:44:38 PM
Nice looking Lab, Lefty.  I assume she's retrieve the beers for you, but does she open them up?  ;D

Great looking dog, Aces.  I'll bet has one heck of a nose on him.  You take him hunting at all?

Thanks!  He's fairly birdy, but unfortunately i do not bird hunt enough to have worked him that way.  He did chase a couple of ducks across a partially frozen river and went off the ice into the water.  I belly crawled out to the edge and yanked him back up on the ice.  Probably not the smartest thing i've ever done...
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

Oldman

QuoteI belly crawled out to the edge and yanked him back up on the ice.  Probably not the smartest thing i've ever done...
Man I lov' ya...

A few months after Skyway went down we were walking at night as it was to hot during the day. It was around 11 - 11:30 pm and these 3 mixed pit bull dogs came up on us. Now we all know that Skyway is 100% Red Nose American Pit bull. He knows no fear. Me? I'm about as close to peeing in my pants as I have ever been.

What I did is I threw my leg over Skyway's neck in effort to control him between my legs. Now that is the 1st of the not the smartest things I've ever done. Skyway is jumping up and down with his front legs. Well we all know of a man's loins.  Oh the pain.....

At that time I carried a quart of one part vinager and with one part of lemon juice and one part of water in a high pressure pump up sprayer. I cut loose on the dogs with the mixture. Two of them took off, but one did not.  As he attack I hit him with my hickory cattle cane in the jaw. As he turned I nailed him again in is left rear leg. I broke both the jaw and the leg.

Now this is the second dumb thing I did. I called my wife to come get Skyway. After she does she comes back in my Jeep.  I pick up this Pit bull and he graps me as I'm placing him in my Jeep. Stupid is as stupid does.

End of story it cost me over $500.00 at the emergency animal hospital that night. I was told later that the dog was adopted and now lives on a farm.

I guess all is well that ends well. As for me it was a good thing his jaw was broken when he grapped me. He drew blood but broke no bones.  ;D

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!