• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

GB/Bacon Fattys

Started by NePaSmoKer, April 30, 2008, 07:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Have some gb/bacon fattys going right now. 3 lbs GB and 1 lb of bacon ground into it. seasoned with some adobo and everglade seasoning. Going to mop some country bobs sauce on them later.

Also some ground for some beans. seasoned with everglade season.

nepas

pensrock

NEPAS, you have to be the fatty KING! I keep wanting to make some then something happens and I do not get it done, but it will happen soon, I assure you.  ::)  ;D

NePaSmoKer

Here are the finished fattys.

And the finished burger.

Both in at the same time. 5 pucks of hickory @225* IT of the fattys was @ 160* No need to use any cure in them.

nepas

FLBentRider

Lookin' good Nepas!!! I am having lunch envy.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smoking Duck

Those look awesome Nepas.  Do you do fattys with venison or is venison too lean?  I would think adding bacon would help but was just wondering!  Also was wondering about how long they took to smoke at 225.  Is it rather quick or a little drawn out?

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

aces-n-eights

Those look great, NePa!  I've heard about adding chopped pepperoni to GB to give them a pizza type flavor.  Anyone ever tried that?
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smoking Duck on April 30, 2008, 03:47:25 PM
Those look awesome Nepas.  Do you do fattys with venison or is venison too lean?  I would think adding bacon would help but was just wondering!  Also was wondering about how long they took to smoke at 225.  Is it rather quick or a little drawn out?

I have done venison with ground bacon in it to make them more moist. They cook in around 2.5 hrs. I have added pepperoni to them also.

nepas

KyNola

Duck,
I have also done fattys with venison.  Very lean so you do need to add you some fat but they are extremely tasty.  What little I know about fattys I have learned on this forum from King NePas.

KyNola

Smoking Duck

That's it.....I'm going to the freezer to get some venison burger.  I'm gonna do me some fattys.  Is it imperative to add any spices to it?  If so, what would you put in them?  Bear in mind that I have no commercial pre-made spices just yet.  Haven't received my insurance settlement check yet and with me being out of work, I've got better things to spend my money on right now.  Was thinking some garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper.  Maybe cut up a jalo or two and mix that into one as well.

Thanks guys.

Nepas, you have inspired me ;)

La Quinta

NePa...what kind of beans are you gonna mix that beef with?

Smoking Duck

Why the special La Quinta beans, of course.....come with an extra helping of flatulence  :o :o ;D

I kid because I care, LQ  ;)

La Quinta

SDuck...just keep pushin the buttons dude...ya know what Duckman...never mind...:)

I am serious NePa...what kind of beans?

Smoking Duck

I would do baked beans myself.....on one of my cards in the bisquette packs, they had a recipe for venison smoked beans.  Sounded awesome.....I love baked beans.......my wife hates em cause they usually lead to the dutch oven at night

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: La Quinta on April 30, 2008, 06:38:12 PM
NePa...what kind of beans are you gonna mix that beef with?

LQ

Me being a S Calif desert rat and a lover of mexican food. The beans of choice are home cooked pinto beans  ;D with adobo, cilantro and a chunk of salt pork. Then the smoked gb.

I cook my beans in a clay pot adding the adobo the last 10 mins of cooking. Takes about 6/8 hrs depending on how old the dry beans are.

nepas

La Quinta

Somehow I knew you would go with pinto (which I happen to love). I have a "bean pot" that I haven't used in ages...have cilantro growing outside...hello smoked ground beef...I'll give it a try!! Thanks! :)