Got any DRINK recipes for while your smoking????

Started by tturaider, May 13, 2008, 04:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tturaider

KyN it is hard to get any better than that rocky mountain water!!!!
Smoke like your from Texas....use Mesquite

Consiglieri

I forgot to mention a great one for the warm weather: a mojito.

About 10 mint leaves muddled in a shaker with about 2T of lime juice and  a shot of simple syrup

Add ice,
2 shots light rum,
and club soda
shake, pour into glass and garnish with a mint sprig and a piece of lime
Consiglieri

Gizmo

Hopefully I will have one to add here just as soon as I make it for LQ and she gives me some feedback on whether it is worthy of a post.  Now if I just remember to make some for the bug boil.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

Can't wait Giz...I'll remind you in the coming days...:) I'll try anything...just grew up that way!! :)

Gizmo

So here is the story.
Overheard a conversation at the cooking store last weekend.  Actually overheard a comment on margaritas.  Then there was mention of beer so I naturally had to become involved with this conversation.  Found out they folks were talking about beer margaritas.  Got the recipe, did a search on the internet and found a several versions posted including the one I got at the store.  I mixed up the original from the folks at the store and served it to LQ and Mrs Giz.  Mrs Giz is not a beer drinker so was only going to taste.  Turned out the beer margarita wasn't all that bad for a non beer drinker, but LQ and the Mrs thought it could be better.  A brief discussion was held after which I produced a bottle of Grand Marnier and Cointreau.  A few generous splashes of each into each glass and the new drink was created.

CoronaRitas (a La Quinta)
2 bottles of Corona Light (it has been said that the beer margarita must be made with Corona Light)
6 oz of Limeade (1/2 can of frozen concentrate, thawed is better)
1/2 cup Tequilla  :P
1/4 cup of cointreau
1/4 cup of grand marnier
Lime wedges, rim salt

Server on the rocks.

For todays festivities (Crawfish Boil), we were not allowed to bring in outside alcholic beverages. 
I pour the mixture into a plastic container and placed it into the freezer over night.  This morning I used a fork and made a coronarita slushie.  I quickly ran out at the boil.

Caution, this mixture will quickly cause laughing, giggling, and other irratic behavior.  This may not be the best ingredient for while you are smoking as the smoking may be forgotten.  For the non-beer drinkers, you may feel some side effects the next day.   ;D

huhwhatliar

They say home is where family is not......

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

La Quinta

Me and Mrs. Giz were trashed...really nice drink...sounds odd, I admit I was skeptical...but...holy cow...put me on my butt...and that's not easy to do!! And the granita for breakfast was awesome!!! :)

Gizmo

Don't know that I would go so far as to say trashed but maybe really happy.  Kind of like a lot of giggles.  Uh-Oh, someone will think I just called their name. :)

huhwhatliar

Quote from: Gizmo on May 25, 2008, 10:09:02 PM
Don't know that I would go so far as to say trashed but maybe really happy.  Kind of like a lot of giggles.  Uh-Oh, someone will think I just called their name. :)

:D :D :D :D :D

Domenick

Carter

If you're having company, the Rum Punch from Steve Raichlen's BBQ Bible is one of the best I've ever had.

Careful though, it hits you like a hammer.

If it's just me, nothing beats a cold beer IMHO.  I'm not picky, although I really like those imported Czech Pilsners in the big bottles.

coyote

Gizmo

Come on over.  Ritas and jambalya.  Hooo Yaaahhhh.

Smoking Duck

It's fun to giggle, Giz.  Brings back memories of days gone by when things were much simpler  ;D

And I propose that the moniker Giggles be stricken from the rolls from this point henceforth..........I do have a stucly reputation to uphold.  You guys start calling me Giggles and no one will take me seriously  :P ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

huhwhatliar

Quote from: Smoking Duck on May 28, 2008, 03:14:09 PM

It's fun to giggle, Giz.  Brings back memories of days gone by when things were much simpler  ;D

And I propose that the moniker Giggles be stricken from the rolls from this point henceforth..........I do have a stucly reputation to uphold.  You guys start calling me Giggles and no one will take me seriously  :P ;D

Duck first of we don't take you seriously now  :D  ;)  ..... Second you started the Giggles thing, so I think it should stay. And last but not the least (for now) to uphold a stucly? reputation you must have one to begin with   :P :o

Domenick

ps what is stucly?