Wanna cold smoke some venison brats

Started by Smoking Duck, May 15, 2008, 11:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Duck

How long would you suggest cold-smoking some venison brats just to get the smoke-flavor infused before throwing them on the grill?  Any particular wood that really goes well with venison?

Thanks as always!

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Smoking Duck

Well, I just went ahead and decided to do it.  Got some venison italian brats in the smoker.  Gonna smoke them for about 1.5 hours with oak.  Bradley is at a cool 59F and smoke is rolling.  Will transfer to a grill when done smoking.  I assume I'm doing it right......if I've done something wrong and the bad bugs hit me, I may be silent for awhile (I know LQ would be happy!  ;D)

iceman

Quote from: Smoking Duck on May 15, 2008, 01:12:39 PM
Well, I just went ahead and decided to do it.  Got some venison italian brats in the smoker.  Gonna smoke them for about 1.5 hours with oak.  Bradley is at a cool 59F and smoke is rolling.  Will transfer to a grill when done smoking.  I assume I'm doing it right......if I've done something wrong and the bad bugs hit me, I may be silent for awhile (I know LQ would be happy!  ;D)

At that temp you should be alright as long as it hits the grill right afterwards SD.

Smoking Duck

Actually turned out real good.  Had to eat 4 of them myself just to make sure.  I sure don't like the cool weather we're getting here lately but it does allow me to cold smoke directly to the Bradley without setting up a cold smoke box.  Guess you gotta take the good with the bad  ;D

HCT

Thanks for this post SD. My brother just gave me a few venison sausage and I was wondering how I was going to cook them. The seed was planted. :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

La Quinta

Smoking Duck

Quote from: HCT on May 15, 2008, 04:56:07 PM
Thanks for this post SD. My brother just gave me a few venison sausage and I was wondering how I was going to cook them. The seed was planted. :D

Happy to help.....hope Zorro is doing okay.

SD

Smoking Duck

Quote from: La Quinta on May 15, 2008, 05:08:17 PM
Nah...SDuck...I'd miss ya!! :)

You sure know how to make a guy blush  :-[ ;D

La Quinta

It's a chick thing...you guys can do it too when you stop complaining!!! :)

huhwhatliar

Quote from: La Quinta on May 15, 2008, 07:26:54 PM
you guys can do it too when you stop complaining!!! :)

If you can't complain, what fun is it  ;)

Domenick
They say home is where family is not......