Flavored Crackers

Started by tturaider, May 16, 2008, 09:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

No Pens...I know what it is...I think I have some...just a hockey fan touting Molly McButter cracked me up...I continue to laugh...sorry...really...sounds like a great...he...he...recipe... Sorry...

pensrock

No need to be sorry..... I'm used to getting laughed at.  ;)
:D :D

La Quinta

Gonna have to call ya Molly McRock now!!! :) Nah...just kiddin?

pensrock

:D :D Good one LQ.... I am even laughing at that one.  ;D

Gizmo

Quote from: Chickenfarmers Wife on May 21, 2008, 07:44:06 PM
15 saltine crackers
1 cup dry parsley
1/2 cup dry onions
2 Tablespoons thyme
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Whirl in blender until crumbs are very small. Store in an airtight container. It will keep for 1 year.

Have to ask, if you are running this in a blender (I'll assume to make it more into a powder), why does the recipe call for 1/2 cup of dry onions and 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.  Wouldn't the 1/2 cup of dry onions be onion powder after the whirl in the blender?
I have every thing except the onion powder and the onion salt.  Can make onion powder with the dried onions in the spice grinder. :)  Will need to purchase the onion salt.  :(
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Chickenfarmers Wife

I used the food processor (same difference  ;D).  I don't know how much difference it would make.  Maybe up the dry onion a tad and leave out the onion powder. 
~Jana~

Gizmo

That is what I was thinking.
Thanks CFW. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

tturaider

Quote from: La Quinta on May 21, 2008, 01:10:39 PM
So tt...just so I understand...you oil and season the crackers (for how long? Meaning usually how long does it take to for the crackers soak up the oil and spices?) and then put them in the smoker...with any particular kind of wood? For an hour? Two? Sorry...maybe I'm being ditzy here? Help? Sounds good...

Sorry LQ been busy and havent had time to get back on here.  No I ment soak not smoke!!
Smoke like your from Texas....use Mesquite

La Quinta

I thought so TT...no matter...I'm gonna try it...sounds tasty...:)

NePaSmoKer

Ritz crackers topped off with unsmoked kilbasa, sausage or fatty. Then topped off with a square of your fav cheese.

Smoke em on low with hickory 20 mins.

nepas