• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

No Power

Started by Kurt, May 17, 2008, 09:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurt

Ok, seem I have read a lot about this problem. Went out to put a Pork Butt on tonight and nothing. I couldn't get the wood generator on at all. The DigiQ turned on the heat element but no wood. I unhooked the digiQ and hooked the cabnet up with the generator and nothing. Couldn't get the oven or wood plate to come on. Fuse is good. Outlet has power. Took the generator apart and no loose wires. No idea what is wrong with this piece of s%$T. I know there customer service is supposed to be great but that doesn't help when these things are always crapping out when your ready to put something on them. Any ideas???????????

Gizmo

Original or Digital? 
I would suspect if you took the digiQ out of the picture and hooked the heating element direct to the house power (if you can), the heating element should glow.  Not familiar with the DigiQ so not sure how you have it hooked since you mentioned you couldn't get the wood generator to come on.  My first instinct would be the power cables not making contact on the unit.  Here again, it would depend on which model you have.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Kurt

It's the DBS. The DigiQ is just a PID that I purchased from the BBQ guru. I can't figure it out for nothing.

Gizmo

I have a digital as well.  House power plugged into the smoke gen.  Do you get a dot on the lcd display?   Does either button, oven or puck burner turn on the display?
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

Generator still has to be plugged into outlet, even with the Controller connected to the tower.

The power cord connections need a good firm push to drive them home, they seem to be OK but several have reported having to give them an extra push...

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Habanero Smoker

This is an odd situation. I would have to agree with WCK, it seems like the problem has something to do with either the power cord or the sensor cable.

I hope you get it resolved soon.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Mr Walleye

I agree with Habs... Nine times out of ten it's the small sensor wire. Try unplugging it an re-plugging it back in a few times. Even try reversing it. If the sensor wire is not plugged in the unit won't run. The reason the tower works with the DIGI-Q is because the power is being supplied from another source and not the generator.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Kurt

Nothing. I unhooked the sensor wire and wiggled it around. Tried everything and nothing. No green dot. I have absolutley nothing. No power at all. I completley unhooked the DigiQ last night. No idea.

Mr Walleye

Kurt

The other thing you could do is open up the generator and see if you have a wire off. There have been a few who have had the wire off the back of the fuse holder but I would check them all. Failing that I would give Bradley a call for sure.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

West Coast Sausage Maker

Have you checked the Breaker / Fuse Box?
soylent green is people

Kurt

Figured it out. The circut board is fried. What a nice piece of equipment!!

West Coast Sausage Maker

sorry to hear that  ???

Is it the bradley Circut board? or your other device Board??
soylent green is people

westexasmoker

Not to worry, if your still under warranty just give Bradley a call Monday and they will have a new board out to you pronto.  I went through all kinds of problems with mine (mostly self inflicted problems  ;D)  And Bradley heaven came to the rescue..  Good Luck!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Habanero Smoker

I just recalled one other thing you may want to check out. Sometime back a member posted that he was having a problem similar to yours. He finally discovered the fuse was no good. Even though he checked it several times, he could not see any visible damage. He replaced it and everything worked fine. So if you have an extra fuse, you may want to try changing it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Kurt

The first thing I tried last night was a new fuse. Nothing. When I call them, I am going to request a whole new generator. I hope they don't expect me to replace the board. The DBS is only about 3 weeks old so there is no doubt that it is still under warranty. Does anybody know if they will overnight the new generator to me?

Thats pretty bad when you have a new smoker and you have to borrow your buddies to get the meat done that you had ready for the thing.