• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hi from Kodiak, Alaska

Started by Chickenfarmers Wife, May 18, 2008, 04:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chickenfarmers Wife

Hello All!!!

Found this forum this morning while searching for the 'perfect butt' recipe.   ;D  I'm Jana.  My husband is in the US Coast Guard and we are currently stationed in Kodiak, Alaska and lovin' it!!! 

~Jana~

La Quinta

Welcome ChickenFarmers Wife...lotta good stuff on here...real friendly peeps too!! :)

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum.  There are a couple of folks on here from Alaska.  One of them sells the perfect rub and sauce for butts.  His handle is Iceman.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E to the forum.

Lots of good knowledge here - very little of it mine.  ;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

Welcome to the forum...I know nothing and am more then willing to pass that along!!  Advice for the day use Mesquite   ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

La Quinta

westexas...she's new...(sorry to say this to a texas guy) but mesquite can be a bit overwhelming on fish/cheese/other stuff (well if I knew how to smoke cheese :)) I know you Texas men are beef guys but I gotta say I like a lot of other flavors as well? If you want to kick my arse...I live in...uh...Kansas...yeah...Kansas!! :)

KyNola

Jana,
Welcome to the forum.  Lots of useful information here.  Most importantly, please extend all of our heartfelt thanks for your husband's service to our country.  We can never adequately repay the debt owed.

KyNola

Smoking Duck

I motion what everyone else said.  You're gonna love this forum.  However, we can accept no responsibility for the fact that you will need new clothes once you've poked around here for a bit.  I wasn't a member here for more than 2 weeks when I had to buy new clothes with a larger waistline.  The people here are top-notch and you'll find plenty of stuff to smoke on here that will be causing your waistline to grow, but it's all good. 

Don't be afraid to ask questions.....someone here will have an answer for you.

Welcome again,

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

tturaider

Welcome to the site and thx for you and your husbands service to our country.  And SD is right you will have to buy new clothes after some time on this site or just do what I do and spen plenty of time in the gym and on the treadmill.
Smoke like your from Texas....use Mesquite

Chickenfarmers Wife

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Our butt turned out sooooooooo delish today!  We finished it off in the oven.  But it was definitely heavenly!  I've been reading up on smoking cheeses.  I think that will be my next attempt. 

We use our smoker regularly.  My favorite is smoked halibut.  Sweet halibut!  It takes on a totally different flavor than smoked salmon does. 

Tonight we had pulled pork, homemade buns, coleslaw, fried pickles and corn on the cob!  Even the kiddos were grubbin.
~Jana~

Gizmo

Awesome chow.
I just learned of those fried pickles 2 years ago in Tennessee.   The Hooters restaurant sells them here and there not as good as those at the Scoreboard in Nashville but they are tasty.  Would like to know the best way to make them.  I have copied a few recipes off the internet but Haven't tried them yet.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

huhwhatliar

Welcome Jana. Kodiak is a nice place, I enjoyed my visits there

Domenick
They say home is where family is not......

Habanero Smoker

Jana;

Welcome to the forum. I also see that you joined the Bradley Recipe Site also; welcome to that as well.

I've seen many posts on requests on how to smoke halibut. It would be nice if you shared your method.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

Welcome to the forum Jana.  :)
Manxman

HCT

"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"