• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

DBS Smoke Gen

Started by NePaSmoKer, May 19, 2008, 07:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Has anyone ever fit a digital smoke gen to an original? I know there is a temp probe to hook into.

nepas

Mr Walleye

NePas

I remember someone doing it. I think them bought the digital generator on Ebay or something.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

West Coast Sausage Maker

Bin there done that ....

The digital generator needs to be connected to a temperature probe / sensor.... you can make one up or get (a replacement) one right from bradley.

either way the Digital Generator wont function without it. All you get is an error msg and beep beep beep.

Mike
soylent green is people

Habanero Smoker

I also remember the post that Mike spoke about. The person did call Bradley, and they informed him of what parts he needed,  provided them, and gave him information on how to install it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

NePaSmoKer

I have a buddy that has an original. He wants me to install the digital part.

nepas

hosshunter

I adapted the original to work with a digital generator. Bradley will tell you that you have to totally rewire the cabinet. You don't. The hardest part will be getting a digital generator unless Bradley has started to sell them alone. Get the temp probe jack. the temp probe connecting cord, the temp sensor and if want the power cord from the generator to the cabinet. Remove the back panel and drill a mounting hole for the temp probe jack. I placed an additional piece of flat metal here for extra support. Remove the overheat sensor from its holder. I left the overheat sensor hooked up and plan to get a holder from Bradley and remount it so it has access to the inside of the cabinet. Place the temp. probe into the hodlder you took the overheat sensor out of. connect the temp probe jack to the temp probe. I unhooked the heat slide control. All you have to do is connect the two wires going to the slide control together. I suppose if you don't want to do this step you could always make sure the slide switch is always full on.

Bradley will sell you the parts but will provide no information on how to install them. They were very unhappy that I was able to purchase a digital generator alone. But I just had a gentleman contact me in regards to how I adapted my smoker and indicated he had bought his digital generator from Bradley directly