• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

my obs is giving up

Started by CLAREGO, May 26, 2008, 04:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLAREGO

after almost three years of owing my obs i think its time for a tune up.     heres the story......
today app 06:00 hour  i started to warm my bs up. first open the door and noticed that something was not right the hinges are off.. the door is not closing properly :(  i droped her once when i first got her and it made a couple of hair line cracks above the temp slider.. so i guess the heat and cold got to the bs :( any one have a cabinet laying around for parts?

the obs is still working and i have all kinds of ribs in there as I type 

Kummok

Duct tape! It works well for babysitting rowdy kids....it oughta hold your OBS together for a last smoke!!

westexasmoker

Duct tape and baling wire will fix anything!   ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

CLAREGO

well maybe duct tape lol im thinking about caulking it those hairline cracks are not small any more and thats the problem. i have to check it out tomorrow... there on the gas grill in a alunnium foil pan in a cherry coke bath with temps ranging from 230-300 will post pics of both

CLAREGO

CLAREGO

took the front end (Temp control ) off and noticed there is a bracket a metal bracket that is holding the front and the power control of the cabinet. took her off made more screw holes added some silicone caulk clear to it.. now it is all better

Kummok

Impressive repair....you'd well up here!! ;)

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

Clarego aka BS MacGyver. An all out smoking adventure series brought to you by the good people of the Bradley forum  :D
Another job well done by one of the Bradley Super Heroes.
Stay tuned for more adventures of "Just Blowing Smoke".  :D ;D ;)

CLAREGO