Frozen watermelon

Started by westexasmoker, May 26, 2008, 03:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

Ok the kids went bonkers over this one..and its easy and looks cool.  This came from Mr. Food!

Line a medium bowl with foil, soften some vanilla ice cream and coat the entire bowl about 1/2 thick about 1 gal (this can be a little tricky and COLD!)  Pop it back in the freezer to harden a bit.

Soften some raspberry sherbert, I think I had about 2 qts and mix in 1/2 cup semi-sweet choclate chips (the mini's if you can find them)  Pull your mold out of the freezer and fill the rest with your sherbert/chip mix.  Back to the freezer till it hardens or overnight.

1 tub of frozen whipped topping thawed, add 14 drops green food coloring (more or less) and mix well

Pull your ice cream/sherbert mold out of the freezer, and invert on large platter (I used a pizza pan) and remove the bowl and foil, now I will say the foil was a little tough to remove but its doable!

Coat the outside with your green whipped topping, and back into the freezer to harden. Slice and serve!

Give it a go...like I said it does look cool, is nice and cool on a hot day and gives the kids a sugar rush...Just what they need or you might!   ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

La Quinta

I'd do that in a heartbeat!!! I bought one of those stupid Betty Crocker (I think) molds for making an ice cream bomb cake...I think it could work for this...thanks...but yet another test recipe!! :)