• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Where can I buy one of these in the Toronto-area?

Started by konflict, June 03, 2008, 10:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

konflict

Greetings everyone!

I have just been hearing about this wonderful device from a friend in BC, he swears by his Bradley Smoker and I really like the appeal for us "lazy buggers" like myself :D

But my question, from what I can gather after reading this forum, is that the "Original bradley smoker" needs all kinds of modifications and 3rd party parts for temperature regulation and what not..  Do these new models not have this problem?  Because I'm not very handy :)

Where can I pick one of these up here in Ontario?  I notice that Canadian Tire has the "Original" model but not these new Digital ones -- so I'm a little confused

Thank you in advance !

Cheers

Gizmo

For most, neither model really need a modification as many use it as is.  Neither model have super tight temperature control.  For most users, they will be happy as it comes from the factory.  For those that want super tight temperature control, they add other devices to achieve that control.  Some meats (like sausage) can be ruined with over heating and for those, tighter control can help not worrying about the over shoot.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

manxman

Quote"Original bradley smoker" needs all kinds of modifications and 3rd party parts for temperature regulation and what not..

Most people will use their OBS as it comes out of the box and it is perfectly capable of producing superb smoked food, the bells and whistles are nice but not a necessity IMHO.  :)

Smoking food is more of an art than a science (tho the science is helpful!) and getting a "feel" for smoking is perhaps the most important thing, though others may disagree!?  ;) :D

Manxman

Habanero Smoker

konflict;
Welcome to the forum.

If you go on any forum that is devoted to a particular product, there is always a section or two for owners who make modifications. I agree with Gizmo and Manxman. The Bradley does not require modifications. Most use the Bradley out of the box the way it was built in the factory. Those that modify them (me included) is because it can be modified, which is another plus for the smoker.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

westexasmoker

Welcome to the forum konflict!

I agree with what has already been stated, you can turn out superb smoked meat right out of the box, with no extra modifications.  The only reason I run a pid (which I built with the help of these fine folks, and I'm not handy  ;D) now is because I allowed my OBS to overheat one session, otherwise I'd probably still be running stock!  Were'nt the boxes fault for overheating, that was my fault!  Good luck!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

iceman

They pretty much said it all konflict. If the OBS is available go for it. You'll save some money. Once you figure out the slider temp control you'll be good to go.
Welcome to the forum.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the forum konflict!

I have to echo what has been said -

I have the Original - and while I _WANT_ the extras (PID for exact temperature control) it is by no means a requirement for turning our some really great food.

There are some foods that require more precise temperature control, like making sausage, that do, but I have don't have all the other equipment that requires anyway.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

West Coast Sausage Maker

soylent green is people

Carter

Hi Konflict.

Welcome aboard.  Nice to see a fellow Torontonian join the forum.

I bought my Bradley at a Canadian Tire in Scarborough last April.  It's the black original.  I've made no modifications to it and I use it all the time.  To date, I've smoked pork shoulder, ribs, smoked salmon, whole chicken, leg of lamb, & pork tenderloin.  My to do list is too long to even mention.

I've had tremendous success with the original, and the people on the forum are great when you have questions, want to try something new, or are in the middle of a smoke job that seems to be falling apart (when it probably isn't).

The only criticism I have of CT is their lack of selection of bisquettes, and I've noticed that the store I bought my smoker from currently doesn't have any on display.  Hopefully that doesn't mean they're going to stop carrying them or the bisquettes.

Looking forward to reading your future contributions.

Carter

smokin stu

Bass Pro Shops in Vaughn has a huge selection of smokers, including all the Bradley models.  They even have the big boxes of bisquettes.