• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pens ADT'S

Started by westexasmoker, June 04, 2008, 07:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

So as not hijack another thread, I figured I'd start a new one!  This is an idea from pensrock that is now stuck in my head - Pens Atomic Dragon Turds - while I won't get a chance to try this till the weekend, I'm curious what ya'lls input is!  Basically your standard ABT receipe with the addition of diced/seeded habenaro or serrano pepper mixed in with your filling of choice.  I think for Saturdays run I'll go with a cheddar/cream cheese/ground grilled steak/habenaro filling and Sunday with brisket instead of the steak - Definitely ought to 'kick it up a notch'!!  :o

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Gizmo

Habanero can really put you in a state of well......discomfort if you are not use to them.  I would suggest a fire roasting, peel the blistered skin, de-seed, de-vein, and if that is still too hot, you can grind the habanero meat in with a little sugar to make a paste.  The sugar will cut the heat but I don't think you would want it too sweet.
Fire roasted Habs are very tasty.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

pensrock

Why would you want to cut the heat. Thats the whole point, penos are just too mild, we want the heat! Bring it on!  ;D
I'm actually going to make some with whole habs instead if using the jalapenos at all, on maybe I'll chop up the peno and mix it in with the filling. Either way its going to be spicy and good.  ;D

Buck36

Quote from: pensrock on June 05, 2008, 01:36:58 AM
I'm actually going to make some with whole habs instead if using the jalapenos at all, on maybe I'll chop up the peno and mix it in with the filling. Either way its going to be spicy and good.  ;D

Mr Walleye

Man.... I love heat!

It's just the next day is the problem!  ::)

I think Johnny Cash say's it best in his song... "The Burning Ring of Fire"!  :o

Ouch!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

pensrock

Mike,
  I've been eating hot and spicy peppers and foods for years now but I can not remember even one time when I felt the 'ring of fire' you mentioned. I've had others say the pay for eating hot peppers the next day but I guess I'm lucky and have not had to deal with what would be a real pain in the  ___!  :o  :D
Pensrock

Smoking Duck

Unfortunately, I'd be crying like a schoolgirl if I were to partake in the ABTs from Hell at this stage of my life.  When I was a kid, I could eat things that'd make a billy goat puke, but alas, time has caught up with me and I hate needing a fire extinguisher when I'm on the throne.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

pensrock

I was planning to make some this weekend but cannot find any fresh habs anywhere around town. I just got my plants in the ground so it will be a while till I have my own.  :(
I'll just have to keep looking, there has to be one store in the area that has them fresh.  ???

westexasmoker

Here we go everything layed out jalapeno, habanero, serrano, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, grilled steak from last night, deli ham, meat cleaver, potato peeler and the all important safety glasses and gloves!

C

La Quinta

You are one crazy guy WTS...holy moly those are some really crazy hot peppers...:) Interested to hear how they all come out!!!:) :)

westexasmoker

LQ I was just infomed by the boss, well I think the quote was 'What the h*ll are you doing' so since I'm not the boss  ;D we're gonna go half normal abt and half pens adt....more to come!

C

Smoking Duck

I just hope he's not gonna get stopped up so bad that he'll be like a mathmetician and work it out with a pencil!

westexasmoker

Nope...thats why you use mesquite!!   ;D

C

Mr Walleye

Sometime tommorrow....

Someplace in Texas....

From deep inside the Westex household....

Is that, that Johnny Cash song we hear?    ???

Nope! It's just Westex.... as he continues howlin' his favorite ADT song on the throne....  :o

Mrs Westex quickly informs him... I told you so....  :P

:D  :D  :D  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

I think it's actually Hank Williams Senior, Mike.

I can hear it now..........

There's a tear in my rear and I'm crying for a beer...............