• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

lost power while cooking ribs

Started by mics, June 14, 2008, 04:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mics

question to the board,had ribs in the bradley for about 3 or 4 hours,temp was at 210 and smoke was just about to go off.went back alittle later  and found the power off, think it might have been off for an hour   or so? dogs had been playing around the plug in at the house. i found the temp had dropped from 210  to 137,so i plugged it back in and am going to finish this load of ribs.the question is ,are they still good to eat.? thanks mic
fishin and cookin,must be gettin ready to retire.gamefishin.

westexasmoker

I think you'll be fine, thats not too much of a drop...just finish them on out!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

mics

thanks westexasmoker,ithought they would still be good to finish,but with pork,i like to get others opinions.thanks for taking the time to reply,mic

westexasmoker

I'm a beef rib kinda guy..but I still think you'll be fine..Oh yea you did use mesquite!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Gizmo

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

You should immediately freeze them and ship the entire batch to me. It is the safest way to know if they are ok.   ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Consiglieri

Quote from: West Coast Kansan on June 14, 2008, 08:39:22 PM
You should immediately freeze them and ship the entire batch to me. It is the safest way to know if they are ok.   ;D

Reminds me of Chevy Chase's Weekend Update routine about paraquat testing.   ;D
Consiglieri

mics

hey everybody, thanks for the replys.went ahead and cooked them,and ftc for acouple of hours.i used dizzy pig dust on them and i never thought you could put too much on ribs,but they came out really saltty.so much so, that nobody would eat them.i use mustard and have been reading about getting a good bark,but i over did the rub,so i think i will forget about getting a good bark and just work on getting eatable ribs.

Consiglieri

Wish you the best on the rib quest.  Check out two books for some ideas: Smoke n Spice, and Championship Barbeque.  Both have a lot of recipes, including slathers, rubs and glazes. 

Look forward to future posts. 
Consiglieri