• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My First Ribs!

Started by Tommy_Bee, June 16, 2008, 09:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy_Bee

I tried the BRADLEY SMOKER for the first time yesterday.It worked perfectly. I made Asian Ribs. They came out sooooooo good. Thank you BRADLEY.

pensrock

Looks great, congrats on your sucess!  ;D

iceman

Tommy_Bee you did good!!! Looks wonderful. :P ;)

Smokin Soon

Can you give some more details please! That looks so good!. Cook and smoke times, did you finish on the grill or oven.
What is that wonderful looking sauce! I have an asian wife that is drooling on my shoulder looking at this.

Gizmo

Welcome Tommy, as Smokin Soon stated, please tell more.   :)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

HCT

Welcome to the forum TB
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Tommy_Bee

Quote from: Smokin Soon on June 16, 2008, 07:11:51 PM
Can you give some more details please! That looks so good!. Cook and smoke times, did you finish on the grill or oven.
What is that wonderful looking sauce! I have an asian wife that is drooling on my shoulder looking at this.

Thanks kind words. Well these happen to be ASIAN ribs. I followed the recipe that came with the Hickory Bisquettes. Here's what I did:

Cooked the ribs in the oven at 275 f. in a glass pan for one hour. Took them out and let them cool to room temperature
Soaked them in the marinade overnight in the fridge. (1-cup soy sauce, 1-cup cherry, 3 or 4 tbs. grated fresh ginger) I made sure that the meaty side was down.
Pre-heat the Bradley to 250 put them for 3 hours using the hickory Bisquettes.
I rotated and basted the ribs once an hour using the leftover marinade.

That's it! No finishing needed. The recipe comes with a dipping sauce recipe. I made it but the ribs were sooo good without it I didn't really use it. But it was quite tasty.

I have to admit that I was a bit nervous since it was my first time. But I was amazed at how easy everything was and how good the ribs came out.

Carter

Excellent Tommy Bee!!  They look awesome.

yul

:) Great looking ribs Tommy Bee, welcome to the board.
Brian. Montreal.

Smokin Soon

Ok Tommy ya really got me and the wife droolin now, the marinade 1 cup cherry...juice? Also what is your beautiful Asian sauce?
I'm gonna try this soon.

Tommy_Bee

Quote from: Smokin Soon on June 17, 2008, 06:23:11 PM
Ok Tommy ya really got me and the wife droolin now, the marinade 1 cup cherry...juice? Also what is your beautiful Asian sauce?
I'm gonna try this soon.
HA HA I SO STUPY!! I meant SHERRY (cooking sherry) not cherry.  :-[

Keep in mind that these ribs have no sauce on them. The flash on my camera made them look a bit orange. Here's a pic of the same ribs without the camera flash.

The recipe for the dipping sauce (not shown) comes with the Hickory Bisquettes. I dont have in front of me but it's something like this:

1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sherry
1 cup water
1tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp ketchup
1/8 cup sugar

combine in a sauce pan. bring to boil, let simmer for 3 or 4 mins. let cool and thicken. The finished dipping sauce looks a lot like duck sauce, but not quite as sweet.