• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Purchased a new BDS6

Started by rcger, July 07, 2008, 06:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcger

I purchased a new BDS6 on Friday from Cabela's.  They were offering them for $499 plus a $50 mail in rebate.  I smoked 2 butts and some ribs on Saturday.  Needless to say they were great.  I probably needed to cook the butts longer than the 10 hours I allotted, because they didn't pull too well.  I just sliced the meat off.  Still, the flavor was beyond comparison.  I'm going to try a beef brisket next. 
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E to the forum rcger!

Good score on the BDS6!

I usually allocate at least 20 hours for butts, then use the FTC (Foil, Towel, Cooler) method to hold the meat until serving time. Smoke 4 hours, cook @ 200F until the internal temperature of the meat is 190F.

Same basic procedure for brisket.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

Welcome aboard rcger.  As usual, FLBR has given you excellent information.  He is correct.

Enjoy,
KyNola

rcger

Quote from: FLBentRider on July 07, 2008, 06:17:50 AM
W E L C O M E to the forum rcger!

Good score on the BDS6!

I usually allocate at least 20 hours for butts, then use the FTC (Foil, Towel, Cooler) method to hold the meat until serving time. Smoke 4 hours, cook @ 200F until the internal temperature of the meat is 190F.

Same basic procedure for brisket.

Speaking of brisket, what is your preferance?  The point or the flat?
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

FLBentRider

In my area, Points are hard to come by. I've only used the flat.

There are members here including myself that has been dissapointed in the quality of Sams club brisket flats.

My local butcher provided me with a flat that we made into the best pastrami I've ever eaten.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

rcger

Quote from: FLBentRider on July 07, 2008, 06:55:38 AM
In my area, Points are hard to come by. I've only used the flat.

There are members here including myself that has been dissapointed in the quality of Sams club brisket flats.

My local butcher provided me with a flat that we made into the best pastrami I've ever eaten.

Thanks for the info.  That's why I joined this forum.  If you can't find the answer here, it doesn't need to be answered!!!

westexasmoker

I prefer the flat for sliced and the point for shredded!

Welcome to the forum!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

HCT

Welcome to the forum rcger. Same here with getting points, they are hard to come by.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

iceman

Welcome rcger. Best part is you get to keep trying and trying and trying and eating and eating and eating until you get it right. Then you start all over on something else.  :D ;D ;)