Has anyone ordered meat online?

Started by Tommy_Bee, July 09, 2008, 12:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy_Bee

Hi folks, I live in New York City and cant get great selections of meet without paying very expensive prices. Does anyone know of a site that sells and ships meats at a decent price? The best I've found is $15 per pound! Thats over $100 for a 7 pound brisket. Which seems way too expensive right? Thank you!

iceman

You might PM Hab. He lives in New York and might be able to steer you to a market that would mail order. Any places I've dealt with up here are well over $20.00 lb.

Habanero Smoker

Iceman is correct. Most online meat is very expensive and you have to be careful who you are dealing with. If you have a car, your best bet would be to do a day trip and drive upstate. Once you get above Westchester county you will really notices a change in prices, but Northern Dutchess or further up is better. If you have specific questions feel free to PM me.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

QuoteThe best I've found is $15 per pound! Thats over $100 for a 7 pound brisket.
WoW that must be some kind of beef.

I have purchased online, but it was the types of cuts / quality I could not find here locally. However, I get USDA Prime Brisket for a little under $3.00 per pound locally.

Good Luck!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

beefmann

I personally never  have... I have two butchers locally and many stores to go to for meat...and at $ 20 to $ 30 a pound for  meat when i can get the saame meat at $ 7 a pound  why  would i  order on line?

beef

Tenpoint5

If they is paying $15-20 a pound. I ain't telling anyone that I just bought a 240lb hog for $100 plus $80 to get it butchered. Be a stampede!!!! I haven't found the need to purchase any meat offline. If the prices are that high I really feel sorry for the folks that live in the big cities and cant get to a locker plant or butcher.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

iceman

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 04, 2008, 07:05:23 PM
If they is paying $15-20 a pound. I ain't telling anyone that I just bought a 240lb hog for $100 plus $80 to get it butchered. Be a stampede!!!! I haven't found the need to purchase any meat offline. If the prices are that high I really feel sorry for the folks that live in the big cities and cant get to a locker plant or butcher.

I'm with you on that Tenpoint5! That moose we get each year makes the freezer real happy. The pork gets real affordable each fall from the local farmers too.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: iceman on September 10, 2008, 03:38:06 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 04, 2008, 07:05:23 PM

I'm with you on that Tenpoint5! That moose we get each year makes the freezer real happy. The pork gets real affordable each fall from the local farmers too.

Specially when the moose tag is only $20 unless it went up since I left.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!