• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

sodak - Thanks for the Raspberry Chipotle Bacon Dip recipe

Started by Habanero Smoker, July 12, 2008, 03:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodak

Sam's Club is where this one came from...and HS is correct, it's a thinner, runnier sauce.  Good luck in your search.  Your taste buds will be richly rewarded.

By the way, the buttery Club type crackers are really good with this.  I don't much prefer anything that's labeled zero trans fat, but the second choice of crackers was a thinner round whole wheat style.  The buttery ones went first, though.

pensrock

Thanks for the sauce recipes Habs, I think I'll make my own rather than run around looking for it. Plus I can reduce it more to make it more like a syrup and concentrate the flavors more. I have a picnic/party to go to on Aug. 2nd so I can try it out there. And than you Sodak for the dip recipe.

sodak

Habanero Smoker

I when shopping today and I still could not find any. Strange! I use to see this stuff all the time. So I picked up the supplies to make my own also. I'm planning on making it for a family get together on Saturday.

When you make this recipe with preserves, sometimes it comes out too thick, when that happens I usually add a little apple or orange juice. It's not enough to alter the taste.

Sodak;
I'll let you know how it turns out. Myself, I can't wait to try it, but it look like the earliest will be Friday evening before I can make it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

sodak

By the way...just back from a week in Florida.  They have it at Publix in the barbeque sauce section.

pensrock

Thanks sodak and habs for a great recipe. I used sodaks basic recipe and habs sauce recipe.
Actually here is what I made and everyone loved it. It disappeared so fast that I was lucky to get a cracker or two with it on to taste for myself.

I took 3 blocks of room temperature cream cheese. Then chopped up several green onions from the garden and crumbled the bacon. (I reserved some of the chopped onion greens and a little bacon for garnish.) The rest I mixed in with the cream cheese, formed into a log and put into the fridge.
Then I made up the raspberry/chipoltle sauce from habs post:
It's an Emeril recipe that I modified. I am hoping that I will find a store brand - feeling a little lazy today.

1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup small diced onion
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 -3 chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
(1) 16 oz Seedless Raspberry preserves or jam
1/2 cup raspberry vinegar or red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
Sugar, to taste

In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft and slightly caramelized.

Add the garlic to the pan and sauté for 1 minute. Add the chipotle chiles and cook, stirring continuously, for 1 minute. Add vinegar, stir and deglaze the pan (make sure your vent is on).

Add the raspberries preserves and continue to cook until preserves have dissolved.

Bring to a boil; the reduce the heat to medium and simmer until thickened to the consistency you want (if using as a marinade I do not reduce it).

Taste and add sugar if it is too tart.
I used about four or five small chipoltes with some adobo sauce and everyone felt the heat was about right. I also added about a tablespoon of sugar at the end.

I allowed it to thicken to about maple syurp consistancy, then ran it through a fine strainer, allowed to cool, then poured over the cheese mixture. I did not think there was enough to cover but it worked out fine. I then sprinkled the remaining onion/bacon on top for garnish.

Thanks again!  ;D
pens

Habanero Smoker

Sodak;

I forgot to let you know how this turned out. I made some of this dip around the 26th of July, and it came out real good; using the sauce recipe.

Pens;

Glad you liked the sauce. Next time I'll take your suggestion and add a couple of extra chipotles, or use the jalapenos and adobo sauce.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)