• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Some of the best rubs....

Started by HCT, July 20, 2008, 04:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HCT

I'm a nut with rubs, always trying a new one and always winding up with 3 or 4 containers of leftover rubs. When it gets to this I usually just combine them and always come up with a new great rub. Now if I could just come up with the finished product recipe.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

FLBentRider

We are that way with marinades. Just open the fridge / spice cabinet and give it a dash of this and that. Drives my Mother nuts.

"This is great, what marinade recipe did you use ?"

"Recipe ?"

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

tsquared

Quote"This is great, what (marinade) recipe did you use ?"

"Recipe ?"
My wife is famous amongst our friends for bringing cakes/desserts/muffins to get togethers and then the above conversation happens. :D
T2

KyNola

I do exactly the same thing. Combine different rubs to see what it becomes.  Most times the results turn out well.

KyNola

aces-n-eights

Quote from: FLBentRider on July 20, 2008, 08:35:36 AM
We are that way with marinades. Just open the fridge / spice cabinet and give it a dash of this and that. Drives my Mother nuts.

"This is great, what marinade recipe did you use ?"

"Recipe ?"

I have an acronym for that - TLAR - That Looks About Right.  Works MOST of the time  ;D
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

Gizmo

Quote from: HCT on July 20, 2008, 04:55:31 AM
I'm a nut with rubs, always trying a new one and always winding up with 3 or 4 containers of leftover rubs. When it gets to this I usually just combine them and always come up with a new great rub. Now if I could just come up with the finished product recipe.

I am guilty as well.
When asked for the recipe, I tell them it is a "one off" recipe.  All of my recipes are that way.  Everything to taste or what was handy.

Aces - I like the TLAR.  I'll have to add that to the "one off" for a "One off TLAR Recipe".   ;D
That will get them puzzled for hours.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/