• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

LaQuinta

Started by West Coast Kansan, July 30, 2008, 09:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Coast Kansan

Did you have some earth movement yesterday?  I guess we had a couple of pipes leak at the Palm Springs facility.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

La Quinta

Yeah...we had movement...like I was gonna poop in my pants ;D But no property damage here...it was kinda a half roller half shaker...kinda weird!! What did you guys feel?

West Coast Kansan

I was at work at the golden triangle - I missed it but others felt it and saw curtains move etc.

Ade was in C'bad working and it was 2 or 3 shakes of her chair and gone.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

La Quinta

We've had worse out here...but...I can't ever get used to it...just something wrong when your home moves (from the bottom up!) Been in many hurricanes when the top of the house wants to come off!! Something very scary about the bottom moving!!

aha638

I live in Riverside and was in the middle of cutting some 1/4" plywood panels on my radialarm saw with my shop-vack on to collect the saw dust.  I heard it coming and thought it was a low flying jet out of March Air Force base -- then the shaking, saw off, Vac off, and out the door!

Al

La Quinta

Hey aha...nice to know you're just "over the hill"! Next time we do a SoCal smoke out...we'll make sure you're on the invite list!! I think it's interesting that you "heard" the earthquake coming...so did my husband...I didn't..

Gizmo

I usually here them as well.  I didn't here this one, being 1500 miles away.  ;)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

By the way Giz...cats out of the bag...but you did a good job!! Had you guys figured out from the get go!!!  ;D

Gizmo

Quote from: La Quinta on July 31, 2008, 10:14:13 PM
By the way Giz...cats out of the bag...but you did a good job!! Had you guys figured out from the get go!!!  ;D

Figured as much.  Had a hard time keeping a straight face (voice) when talking to you the last time.   ;D  ;D  ;)

Hope you had as much fun as Huh and I did.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

I think I had more fun!!!  :D You guys are a trip!!!

NePaSmoKer

I kinda miss the shakers  :o

nepas

La Quinta

NePas...it was totally blown out of proportion by the media. (I guess because it was so close to LA...but really, Chino is NOT that close) but...ya know...the house just lifted up a bit and shook! They do still make me scared...but this one wasn't as bad as it was portrayed.

Good news is...it did get Bob and I thinking about preparedness! Always a silver lining!!  :)