• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Look what just showed up!

Started by westexasmoker, August 02, 2008, 04:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

Little bull calf, maybe 3 hours old!  Knew she was gonna drop soon! The wife said 'Your posting this on your bbq site?  Thats just wrong'  Lol....But hes a beauty!  Just thought I'd share!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

deb415611

FLBentRider

WTS,

That is very cool. Thanks for sharing.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

NePaSmoKer

Ahhhh   cute little dude. Kinda looks like the little guy on the city slickers movie.

nepas

KyNola

car54

westexasmoker

Are you going to raise him on how to grow up to be BBQ?

Brad

westexasmoker

Yep way cool, he kinda got his sea-legs still a bit wobbley, but mama is a watching him..can you say moo very low!!  It's really cool after losing coccoa a couple weeks ago, and now a new born on the place!  Gonna have a new grand baby within the next 6 weeks! Once again just thought I'd share!  Thanks guys/gals!!  

C

westexasmoker

Had to post the other one before this.....Yea as cute as they are you have to realize why you raise them...hence with kids (although mine are grown now) you don't name them and/or get attached, I always told the kids when they were younger that his name is brisket or t-bone....but its still kinda tough, even as old as I am!.....But just like growing veggies, homegrown is the best!

C

La Quinta

WOW...it's all I can say...How amazing. And I'll leave it at that...

HCT

Don't you just get a special feeling when you witness something like this?
IIn the morning around 5, first light, and in the evening around 8, jusk getting dusky I get to see the whitetails in the field feeding. The moms know enough to stay in the backfield but the bambi's always come out of the field and stand in the mowed area. Beautiful to see until one of the boys catch sight of it and raise holy hell. :D :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Gizmo

New borns are real cool.  Just got back from Houston  helping my son move to his new job.  First night in his temporary housing appartment, we were leaving the complex which is on the edge of a wooded area.  I spotted a doe in some trees looking cautiously ahead of her in a more open area.  She was watching over her fawn that had stepped out of the tree area to graze.  When we drove by slowly, the fawn retreated back to mom for some sagely advice is suspect.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Consiglieri

Cute looking critter.  But your wife's comments and the irony made me smile too.  Reminds me of the South Park episode where Cartman looks at a big eyed calf being raised for veal and comments, " OH MY GOD, He looks....delicious."  Maybe you ought to give this guy a "pardon."
Consiglieri