• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Bisquette Advance

Started by BigAl, August 04, 2008, 11:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigAl

I am seasoning my smoker the 1-2 hours with 6 bisquettes as recomended, but the last 3 bisquettes will no longer  advance. After 3 have dropped the 4th being on the heating element and expended,  The next in line bisquette is smoking from the edge closest to the heating element, it is not  on the heating element.  I push the advance button and nothing is happening!  Everything was going fine until then.  I turned off the smoker at this point and am wondering wether to even try it again as these bisquettes are expensive (dont understand why a seasoning pack is not included).

I do notice that the tray the bisquettes get advanced on is on an angle slightly up and not flat.  The advance unit is firmly attached with no gaps between the smoker and advance device.

Are there any quick fixes or do I need to pack it up and send back to the retailer?

thanks for any help

NePaSmoKer

BigAl

I assume there are no pucks in the tube and all are on the ramp. when there are no longer any pucks in the tube the slider will not push the pucks any farther.

Most of use use aluminum bubba pucks on top of the wood pucks to slide the burnt pucks off the ramp. They are the same size and thickness as the wood pucks.

Bryan at Yard And Pool sells them. Just click on the Yard and Pool logo in my post.

When you say its on an angle?

Call Bradley for some help is always good.

nepas

KyNola

NePa is dead on the money.  Pucks 4,5 and 6 are all sitting in a row and there is not another puck topside to drop down and move 4,5 and 6 dropping 4 into the water pan and 5 on to the heating plate.  The spacer "Bubba" pucks are used so as to not waste additional pucks to push 4,5 and 6 out to the heat plate and then into the water pan.  As for the tray being slightly angled, I'm assuming you are talking about the portion where the pucks slide along to the heating element.  When I got mine, it was a bit angled upward and I very very gently attempted to bend it more flat.  While it may have gotten a bit flatter it was very little and if I were you, I would simply leave it alone as it should not be steep enough of an angle to prevent the pucks from properly advancing.

KyNola

BigAl

Ok great, I was wondering if that was the case but thought there would be some mention of that, if there is I missed it.  Great I will get that a try now that the heating element is cold. 

Thanks so much!

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum BigAl!

It seems as if the others have you headed in the right direction.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

coherent

I'm new here so this may be a dumb question, but can't you just put 3 extra pucks in and turn if off/remove them and then turn it back on when the last you want burn is in use?

Habanero Smoker

Hi coherent;

Welcome to the forum.

There are dumb questions. That is what many of us did prior to Bubbsa Pucks. When you load with 3 extra bisquette, the bisquette next to the one will partially burn. And if you have a long smoke, while using the generator to help heat the cabinet the second bisquette from the burning will completely burn, and the third in line may be scorched.

Also a bisquette sitting on the burner plate more then 20 minutes may impart a bitter taste.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KyNola

Hey Coherent,
Habs is lightning fast when it comes to typing.  What I'm sure he meant to say was "there are NO dumb questions".  If there were, I would be the king of dumb questions as I have asked a lot of them on here only to be told there are no dumb questions.  It's the only way you can learn from the many experts who are on this forum.  They continue to teach me something almost everyday.

Join in the fun!
KyNola

Habanero Smoker

That what happens when you don't preview a post, you provide a dumb answer.

KyNola is correct I meant to place a no in that sentence.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

KyNola

Habs,
As much as you have taught me, it was my pleasure to have your back on that one slip you have made since I've been part of the forum. ;)

That's what you get for getting up so early and start posting with not enough coffee! :D

KyNola

Habanero Smoker

That mistake came way after having my coffee. Just rushing, and not proof reading. :-[

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Wildcat

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on August 07, 2008, 02:57:54 AM
That mistake came way after having my coffee. Just rushing, and not proof reading. :-[

;D Happens to me all the time.  I always hated proof reading back before I retired and kind of stopped doing it.  Got me in trouble a couple of times.  ::)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Another problem for me is that I seem to be unable to proof read what I write. It's like I know what should be there, so when I proof read I don't observe the errors.

I
         don't
                   inhale.