• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Beef short ribs

Started by westexasmoker, August 04, 2008, 05:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

Mmmm Beef short ribs hit with 4 hours of mesquite and then off to slow cooker for another 2!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

NePaSmoKer

MMMMMMMMM

Looks great wts. I'll bring the crusty rolls and the drink, and a box of mesquite for the host  ;D

nepas

FLBentRider

Llooks good WTS!

The last time I did beef ribs they did not turn out like that!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

La Quinta

Hey WTS...only 2 hours in the slow cooker? What temp did you do the ribs at in the Bradley? I usually smoke mine...then pressure cook. Too laborious to do on the stove...but I never thought about the slow cooker...they are tough suckers! But when they are done...THEY ARE REALLY GOOD!!!  :)

Smokin Soon

The time in the slow cooker, did you add some liquid? My beef ribs have been a little on the dry side, had to juice 'em up and vac seal to be tasty.

westexasmoker

Yea just a splash of AJ and some sauce and I think a bit of liquid smoke( like it needs more help...and guess wihich flavor) , you don't have to do that!  But once the meat starts pulling from the bone, its basically there.  And the heat of the croc-pot for a bit will render down more and then its falling off the bone(which my dogs seem to like.....kinda!)  The biggest part is to get the meat to start pulling from the bones in your smoker and after that magically moment happens your really good to go!  I like to throw them in the slow cook for a bit...The meat just slides off, and the dogs are happy...not really they want to know where the Heck did the meat go!  You did use mesquite!  ;D

C

Oldman

Quote from: FLBentRider on August 04, 2008, 06:48:13 PM
Llooks good WTS!

The last time I did beef ribs they did not turn out like that!
Those are not rib-- "ribs' but short ribs.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

westexasmoker

LQ,

Smoker was running at a constant 220!  The croc-pot works really well, although I usually wind up with some left over and throw those into a foil pan and into the oven for the finish!

C

La Quinta

Thanks WTS...I'm gonna try it!!  :)