• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

The Bradley is 2 for 2!!!!

Started by jnichols, August 10, 2008, 05:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jnichols

Well I fired up the Bradley for it's 2nd smoke today.  I decided to try some babybacks.  I bought 3 pretty large racks and cut them each in half last night.  I found a Weber brand rub at Sam's that I decided to try.  It is classic bbq flavor.  I was a little reluctant to use it since I made my own rub last time and it turned out really good.  I rubbed them down and left them in the fridge overnight.  I preheated the Bradley to 225 while I left the ribs sit on the counter.  I loaded up 4 hours worth of hickory and filled the bowl with half beer half coke.  I also added slices of onion, bay leaves and celery salt to the bowl.  I placed the ribs on the bottom 3 racks and loaded up the top rack with about 1/2 a pound of bacon.  I grinded black pepper on the bacon strips.  I smoked them for 4 hours, rotating the racks 3 times during the 4 hours.  When I was rotating the ribs, I sprayed them down with 1 part apple cider vinegar and 3 parts apple juice each time.  After the four hours I left them in the Bradley for another 2 1/2 hours at about 210, spraying them down again 1 more time.  The smoked bacon was a great snack with a cold beer at this point :)I pulled them out, sprayed them down and FTC for about 2 hours before serving.  They were awsome.  The weber rub was really good too.  I will definately use it again.  The meat was fall off the bone tender and the greatest flavor!!!  Both my parent and my wife thought that these were the best babybacks that we have ever had.  I love the Bradley.  Also I used 3 Bubba Pucks this time and they worked great.  A must have for anybody with a Bradley.     

KyNola

jnichols,
Don't you love it when a plan comes together?  It will just get better and better.  Thanks for letting us hear about your success.  I think it is safe to assume you are hooked.

Smoke On!
KyNola

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

I didn't see in your post if you pulled the membrane off the back of the ribs. If you didn't give it a try takes your ribs to a new dimension of tender. Glad to see your enjoying your new toy. Better give Brian another call and order the 120 box of anything BUT Mesquite!! I had to say that!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!