As we speak...

Started by Memquisit, August 29, 2008, 12:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memquisit

...my smoker is being seasoned.  Can't wait to put those ribs on tomorrow.I did notice that if there is no disc at the bottom of the feeder tube, the discs will not advance.  Is it supposed to be that way?

bflosmoke

Is the little red power light on and do you have heat.  Make sure the cords are fully plugged in and that the arm that pushes the puck is back in the smoke generator. Then push advance once. That should take 5 seconds or so once it advances do that 2 more times and you should be fine. Did you put at least 3 pucks in. I am not even sure that this will help because I am just a newbie myself.
Good luck

Memquisit

bflosmoke, I did just as you said.  One disk was on the burner, and 2 were "waiting in line".  However, the disks never moved.  I dropped a 4th disk in the feeder tube and advanced it using the button.  The burnt disk dropped into the bowl while the other 3 advanced.  30 minutes later I checked and there were not advancements.

The advance button seems to be working properly and I'm thinking that the disk in the bottom of the feeder tube is the one that pushes the 3 in front of it.  If there is no disk in the bottom of the tube, there will be no further movement.  It's not a big deal IF

Memquisit

I hate when I do that >:(

Anyway, it's not a big deal IF that's the way it's supposed to work.  However, if the disks are to advance even when the feeder tube is empty, then I want to straighten it out.

Habanero Smoker

As you have observed you need two bisquettes to move a bisquette to the burner. To resolve the problem you are having many of us use what are called Bubba Puck. They are aluminum disc that will advance your last wood bisquette to the burner.

You can purchase them from YardeandPool.com.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Memquisit

Thanks for the info, Habanero.

I was hoping that was the case.

Tomorrow I'm doing ribs.  My smoker will no longer be "virgin"!  Man I can't wait.

bflosmoke

Im sorry I missunderstood the question a bit. Yes once your last puck is advanced the bottom of the chute will be empty , if you have more pucks in the chute it will keep advancing. Without a buubba puck you need to have extra sacraficial pucks to advance your last intended smokking puck. I hope that makes sense to you because i am confusing myself.

Memquisit

Smoke, it does make sense.  Thank you.  I'm going to check out those bubba pucks.  I don't want to sacrifice the pucks if I don't have to.