videos

Started by smokergirl, September 07, 2008, 10:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokergirl

hiya all!

Being the ever novice that I am and the asker of the obvious, ha ha !

has anyone ever found the how to videos of any use. Since the pros gizmo walleye and the llike are not in my kitchen I was wondering if they are worth the bother to order. Oh yeah Hubby just got me the propane version- any tips?

Thanks as always
smokem if you got em
Smokergirl :D

Mr Walleye

Hi SmokerGirl

I can't really help you on the propane unit. I know NePaSmoker has one, (he has one of everything  :D ).

As far as the videos go I have never seen them so I'm not much help there either. A few years ago I was a rookie too and I found reading through the forums and learning from everybody else's successes/failures and asking any questions you have for a given project was one of the best learning tools for me. I'm not saying the videos wouldn't be good but everybody around the forum is great and more then willing to share any information and help where they can.

I also found it helped a lot to write down all the pertinent information of each smoke. Then it's a lot easier to make slight changes for future smokes to get it dialled in the way you want it. Details are easy to forget a few weeks later... or a least it is for me.  ::)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

KyNola

I agree with Mike.  I have never seen the videos either but found out quickly that there is an abundance of knowledge and really helpful folks on the forum.  Save your money for something really useful like pork butts or a Maverick ET-73. ;)

KyNola

Gizmo

I haven't seen them either but I am planning on doing some videos and will post them here (or Old's recipe site can host them if they want them).  I will thank smokergirl for the compliment, but not being a pro, I hope they will be of some use to the beginners.  I need to get a few wedding videos completed but plan on starting to shoot some video within the next couple of weeks.  I have a few concept ideas I have been kicking around for some time and want to see how effective the concept is.  No promises.

Now if I can just get sponsorship to Kummok's, I can film the real professional.    :)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

DTJ

I have the Video Smoking and cooking outdoors, that I got as part of a package from Chez Bubba.  I would say the video is not worth buying.  I have learned 1000 times more from the forum than the video.  I had been reading the forum for about 6 months before purchasing and the video seemed redundant after reading the forums.  The video is not bad, not what I expected. I would save your money and put it into something else

Daryl

Ed1978

you will get much help from the forum but I also found additional info from youtube. It may not be specifically on Bradley but you can find a lot of general info about smoking and its preparation from youtube. I saw videos on how to trim brisket, how to slice brisket after it's cooked, how to brine chicken, how to pull membrane from ribs, etc.

Oldman

QuoteI am planning on doing some videos and will post them here (or Old's recipe site can host them if they want them)
Should be no problem in hosting a few of them.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!