• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Forgot the Taters

Started by Tenpoint5, September 13, 2008, 06:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Momma had some Stew Meat that she bought, but I wasn't in the mood for stew. A few Adult beverages later this is what I cam up with.

I put them on a stick sprinkled with rub.

Then I wrapped them in bacon. (Some Bonehead deleted the Pic). Got Happy in the fridge for an hour and a half.
Popped them in the BDS for an hour for a cold smoke. Then transferred them to the grill. Momma wanted some Chicken breasts for lunch during the week so they went on as well, along with some COTC. This is what came off.

All plated up and ready to EAT!!

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

westexasmoker

Looks great 10.5!

Gotta love it when the adult beverages take over...ya never know what you're gonna get! Two thumbs up!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Gizmo

Looks great but I am wondering how tender was the meat?  What we get around here for stew meat needs to be "stewed" in order for it to get tender.  Sometimes paper thin slicing can help with the toughness but I noticed yours were left cubed but it also looks like you cut them down in size at least from what we get here.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Gizmo on September 13, 2008, 08:24:21 PM
Looks great but I am wondering how tender was the meat?  What we get around here for stew meat needs to be "stewed" in order for it to get tender.  Sometimes paper thin slicing can help with the toughness but I noticed yours were left cubed but it also looks like you cut them down in size at least from what we get here.

Giz, Most of the pieces where about 1 inch squared. After I smoked them I had the grill at about 250 and I put the kabobs on indirect. I rotated them about every 20-25 mins until the bacon started rendering (translucent) then I went direct and crisped up the bacon. Most of the meat was rather tender a few of the bigger pieces were tougher but for the most part it wasn't bad.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Gizmo

Nice call, a little low and slow afterall.   ;)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/