• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

To All Members Here & Hab

Started by Oldman, September 17, 2008, 06:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I would like to thank Hab for his hard work in updating the recipe site download. I know I can speak for all members here when I say thank you Hab for all of the hard work you put into this.

Great job and it looks good!
Old

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Mr Walleye

I couldn't agree more regarding all the work Habs has done it but I would just like to add a thanks to you as well Raye!

Great job guys!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Kummok

You da man, Habs.....so when you coming up to go fishing!?!?!? Still looking for "the right boat" but already have snowmobiles if you wanna go get ptarmigan in Feb/09!

Habanero Smoker

Mike;
Thanks.

Kummok;
I haven't forgotten, just have to get over some fears; one that I share with John Madden. :) Shortly after getting out of the service I developed a fear of flying. I don't know how it started, never had a bad flight.

But what is ptarmigan, is that the Iditarod?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Pachanga

I would also add my sincere thanks to Hab for his work on the recipe site.  I can state first hand that he edited several ramblings that I posted and shaped them into a coherent recipe format.  Thank you for the generous amount of time, effort and skill you used in the editing of the Brisket Pachanga recipe. 

I know that what I witnessed and can attest to is a very small amount of the effort you and Olds have unselfishly put forth in order to improve others' knowledge and success in the science and art of smokology.

Good luck and slow smoking,

Pachanga

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on September 18, 2008, 02:58:49 AM

But what is ptarmigan, is that the Iditarod?

Habs it is similar to a pheasant. down here in the lower 48
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

hillbillysmoker

Thanks Habs and Olds for all you both do. The site is awesome.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

Pachanga;

You are selling yourself short. I don't consider your posts ramblings. They are well written.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

chrispy

Thanks to both of you for all you contribute to this site and community

Chrispy

coyote

Habs and Olds , Both of you are without a doubt TOP SHELF,Thanks for all you do. The community has brought
a lot of joy to me and so many others.

Thanks ,

Coyote

La Quinta

Well put coyote...we are also in that community...being in the middle of no-where!! Thanks to both of you for the hard work and fun!! Gotta love cooking!!!  :)

Kummok

Okay...here's the travel solution: Drive to Bellingham, WA and board the Alaska Ferry (get a stateroom!) and float to Haines. From Haines, you're two days drive to Homer. A GREAT and memorable trip but VERY $$ that way......probably works out to be about $450/lb for ptarmigan meat  :o ;)

Here's pics of ptarmigan: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.greglasley.net/Images/Willow-Ptarmigan-F4.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.greglasley.net/willptar.html&h=720&w=472&sz=63&tbnid=D9pNd7cwklcJ::&tbnh=140&tbnw=92&prev=/images%3Fq%3DWillow%2BPtarmigan&hl=en&usg=__VydFbx_ooOQhhmBdb4OKNH51lI4=&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=3&ct=image&cd=1

Habanero Smoker

$450/lb is no problem :)

They are nice looking game.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Kummok

As you can see by the pics, actually finding them, (white on white) is the first challenge.  But finding them in the snow isn't really that hard as they flush pretty well and stick out just fine against the blue sky. After that, it's shoot/follow/shoot/follow/shoot/follow until they finally figure out that the flock population is shrinking and fly a REALLY long distance away! Good excuse for getting out in the Alaskan Outback in the middle of winter and having fun snowmobiling, then eating the fruit of the journey! Even on the few days where you don't find any flocks, it's a fun time.......Feb/March are best months, snow condition-wise.

West Coast Kansan

Habs, ditto Raye's comments.  Both of you are rock solid.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)