• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Lets See Yer Smokers

Started by NePaSmoKer, September 25, 2008, 08:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

Quote from: La Quinta on September 29, 2008, 07:13:01 PM
Fishman...you really cold weather guys gotta be ready...I appreciate that...but you could at least ship down some cold smoked cheese...geezzzzz!!! I got another 3 months to even try!!  ;D

You didn't get all that cheese I sent you?  :o

We had frost last night! brrr.....

But it was a nice 22 C (about 72 F) today for a high. Won't be long & we'll be pushin' snow.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

La Quinta

Sounds like a good time to smoke cheese...Fishman...I mean come on...I'm dying here...still 103 today... :)

NePaSmoKer

Nice setups mr walleye and pens................................i went for the hillbilly setups  ;D

nepas

easyridinole

Thanks Mr. Walleye for the great ideas. I am going to have to try something like that in my garage.

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

NePaSmoKer

Another part of my tools  ;D

nepas

pensrock

I'd love to have a good dehydrator, just a little too pricey for me at this point.  :'(

FLBentRider

LQ, I though you was doin' the "offset ice baggy" thing for your cheese addiction ???
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

La Quinta

Still too damn hot FL...90's ok...100's...not so much!!  >:(

chrispy

Those are some impressive setups!  I hope to build something that I can use in my garage once I close it in and aircondition it.  I live in South Florida, and cold smokes are near impossible.  I am hoping that once I can control the ambient temperatures, I will have a wider variety of things to smoke.  I am really looking forward to smoking some cheese and salmon!!!  For now though, my 6 rack BDS is in the screen room on a stand...

:( :( :(
Chrispy

Smokin Soon

I am considering a garage install myself, and was looking at eveyones vent setup. I assume the original Bradley vent is removed and some sort of flange installed. There are a few users with a drum type fan mounted on the wall. How would the vent be controlled on this type of install? The range hood Mr Walleye uses looks great, but probably a bigger job.

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Smokin Soon on October 05, 2008, 09:09:36 AM
I am considering a garage install myself, and was looking at eveyones vent setup. I assume the original Bradley vent is removed and some sort of flange installed. There are a few users with a drum type fan mounted on the wall. How would the vent be controlled on this type of install? The range hood Mr Walleye uses looks great, but probably a bigger job.

Smokin Soon

I think pretty much everybody leaves the Bradley vent intact. Certainly I did, even my new home built unit has a vent similar to the Bradley. I think any type of power vent would work. You just have to be careful not to suck the heat out of the smoker. Here is a link to my very first setup in the garage and it has a little discussion on how/why I designed the vent the way I did.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=4142.0

Mike

iceman

Here are a few pics of the new work in progress.
Five large smokers plus the OBS. All use the Bradley smoke generators and PID temp. controllers.
Heated with a wet bar and satellite TV.
Year round smoking!!!

LilSmoker

That's awesome Pat!, just like your fantastic workshop

Couple of other things caught my eye in the pics:

Is that an ice machine for the Iceman?, and has Manx been to your place? i noticed the beer mug

Btw, can't see the nail gun for membrane removal that still gives me the giggles  ;D :D

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Mr Walleye

Absolutely an awesome setup Pat!  8)

Very cool!  ;)

Mike

pensrock

Nice set up Pat. I did notice one thing though..... it looks like you are running low on pucks.  ;D
Holy crap, I think you have more pucks than Bradley does.  ;)