A Bail Out Plan That Works

Started by Oldman, September 26, 2008, 11:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Got this in the mail today.... love it~~!
------------------------------------------------------------------

I like this plan! Now here's a bail out plan that works!
I'm against the $85,000,000,000 bailout of AIG.>Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in "We Deserve It Dividend".

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.>Our population is about 301,000,000 ± counting every man, woman and

child. So 200,000,000 might b e a fair stab at adults 18 and up..So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a "We Deserve It Dividend".Of course, it would NOT be tax free.>So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes.

That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket.A husband and wife has $595,000.00.What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads Put away money for college - it'll be there Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.

Buy a new car - create jobs Invest in the market - capital drives growth Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks

who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of

trickling out a puny $1000.00 ( "vote buy" ) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President. If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult

U S Citizen 18+! As for AIG - liquidate it.Sell off its parts.Let American General go back to being American General. Sell off the real estate. Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't. Sure it's a crazy idea that can "never work."But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party! How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion "We Deserve It Dividend" more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC.

And remember, this plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest. You don't want to even hear what I think about the stupid mortgage companies that loaned out billions of dollars to people who they knew

had no way of paying back the loans, with both sides of the equation interested in one thing...fast money. But it didn't work, and now we're supposed to bail out those idiots too???

Kindest personal regards

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Buck36

No mortgage.....I would sleep like a baby at night.

$425,000 buys a lot of brisket!!

beefmann

lets see... $ 425,000.00 @ 1.87 for beef roast = 1 meal for  everyone in so california... what  could go wrong.....

no misquite heheh

sorry WTS

love the  idea as  well .. finally could get a few things fixed

chrispy

It is a great idea.  It will never happen though...............
There are other solutions that would cover 70-80 percent of the problem, and then let the chips fall where they may....
One of the leading economists in this nation is Brian Wesbury.  Google him and look at the solutions he proposes. 
Even though the media says it, the world is not going to stop turning.  People that can not afford their home, (no more than 25% of their take home income) should not be in it.  People that use their home as a piggy bank deserve what they get.  You will find no sympathy from me.  Glad to find others that are like minded.

Chrispy

begolf25

I would love this, unfortunately if you do the math it only works out to $425.00 per person. Not $425,000.00..lol

La Quinta

I'd just like to understand one thing...and I am a simpleton...if you raise taxes on Corporations...how do we think they are going to pay for that.? Lay more people off? To pay the tax? 
Now...95% of Americans will get a tax break...well...if you're unemployed how would you need a tax break? You have no income. So...the unemployment rate is at what...nationally...say conserv speaking...6 or 6.5%...so I would take the population of the US...do the math...and I struggle to see how that can equate to 95% of Americans getting a break...

Like I said...I'm an idiot...I thought the corporations (and don't get me wrong they're are baaad ones) employ a whole lot of people?

Perhaps...I have overstepped my bounds on the forum...I apologize in advance if that is accurate.

Oldman

Quote from: begolf25 on September 26, 2008, 04:26:14 PM
I would love this, unfortunately if you do the math it only works out to $425.00 per person. Not $425,000.00..lol
I wondered if anyone was going to catch that...

QuotePerhaps...I have overstepped my bounds on the forum
Hey Sweetie... you can overstep my bounds anyday...no apologize needed (Ha ha ha)

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Consiglieri

Quote from: begolf25 on September 26, 2008, 04:26:14 PM

A new Bradley, courtesy of the Government!
Consiglieri

coyote

Not bad Olds...........But how 'bout Dishing out only to those who work and PAY taxes......
And not to those who won't work and RECIEVE taxes. :o

Coyote

p.s.  Political correctness escapes me. ::)

La Quinta

I'm gonna go with Arcs here...and "drink at a distance"...(but you go with you're bad self coyote)  ;D

coyote