RE-HEATING BRISKET

Started by Wildcat, October 05, 2008, 08:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

Normally when I do brisket I do not have left overs.  They have always been great.  Prior to my wife's surgery 2 months ago I did two briskets.  The first one was consumed that day, and the second one was placed in fridge overnight and then vac sealed the next day and frozen as one large piece vice individual portions like I do my pulled pork.  Since that time I have not had time to smoke anything for numerous reasons, including two minor surguries for myself.  I defrosted the brisket and then put brisket in a crock pot with some apple juice on the low setting.  Talk about perfection - it was even more tender and juicy than the other brisket that was smoked with it.  In the future, I think I will smoke my briskets as usual, let sit a couple of nights in the fridge then re-heat in the crock pot with apple juice.  Anyone who has not tried it this way should.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

Nice tip Wildcat, i must admit i find the crock pot very usefull for re-heating, and sometimes when i do ribs in the BS, i quite often let them sit in the crockpot with some juice whilst we're setting up the table. Results are always great.

Changing the subject, i hope you and your lady wife are all ok after the operations? hope so  ;)

Regards LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Smokin Soon

All of my leftovers from the smoker get vac sealed, usually with a dab of Ice's sauce. Ribs, Pork Loin, Chicken, Canadian Bacon, the works. We have also found that a few things actually taste better after this treatment.

Wildcat

Quote from: LilSmoker on October 05, 2008, 12:04:58 PM
Nice tip Wildcat, i must admit i find the crock pot very usefull for re-heating, and sometimes when i do ribs in the BS, i quite often let them sit in the crockpot with some juice whilst we're setting up the table. Results are always great.

Changing the subject, i hope you and your lady wife are all ok after the operations? hope so  ;)

Regards LilSmoker

All is fine LS.  Appreciate the thoughts.

Most of the time I simply reheat in vac bags in real hot water (which works fine), but for brisket, the crock really made a difference.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

HCT

Thanks Wildcat, I just so happen to have a few packs of brisket in the freezer. ;)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"