• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Jerky Making For The New Members

Started by NePaSmoKer, October 15, 2008, 09:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

I have 8 lbs oing today. I will show you how i do my jerky.

London Broil cut into strips.

When done cutting make the marinade. I use wet. There are alot of different kinds of jerky marinades you can store buy. High Mtn, Legs Ol Plantation and alot of em. I make my own wet. I normally use JD, but want CR today, 2/3 cup

I let my marinade set all mixed for 15 min for everything to marry. Then i use my Reveo at a 10 min tumble. I tumble in small batches.

NEVER reuse the marinade for another batch. ALWAYS throw the marinade out and use new.

After i have done all the smaller batches i then combine all the meat and add more marinade and tumble again.

These are the racks i use to get the jerky to a tackiness. While this is being done my BS is pre heating a@170* with smoke. I use 4/6 pucks of hickory or oak, or mesquite. You can use any kind of pucks you have. I will have 4 more to do like this.

Then into the BS until the pucks are burnt up, Then into dehydrator.

More pics to follow  ;D

nepas

beefmann

they look good... reminds me of  my  terriyaki steak strips ...  may have to  make some again... mmmmm mmmm mmmm

FLBentRider

I've got 7.5 lbs of eye round in the fridge with hi mtn cure on it. It will go in the obs/ convection oven tomorrow night.

I was going to take pictures, but it didn't happen.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

NePaSmoKer

Half done. Still have 4 racks dehydrating.

nepas

westexasmoker

Looks great Nepas, is this for the jerky jug?

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smokin Soon

Well, Nepa your post has perfect timing! When the Reveo I ordered last night comes in, and she says "ohhh... not another cooking toy!, I just bring up this post and say I need this to make Jerkey for you and your friends". Now all I need to make this a done deal is for some of you to reccomend the dehydrator I absolutely need to do this properly. I just love it when a plan comes together!!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: westexasmoker on October 15, 2008, 05:07:45 PM
Looks great Nepas, is this for the jerky jug?

C

Ya going on my florida trip

nepas

westexasmoker

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smokin Soon on October 15, 2008, 05:21:02 PM
Well, Nepa your post has perfect timing! When the Reveo I ordered last night comes in, and she says "ohhh... not another cooking toy!, I just bring up this post and say I need this to make Jerkey for you and your friends". Now all I need to make this a done deal is for some of you to reccomend the dehydrator I absolutely need to do this properly. I just love it when a plan comes together!!

Smokin Soon

I have had just about all the dehydrators out there, But none of em come close to my 80L Cabelas dehydrator.

nepas

carnie1

I second that on the Cabela's dehydrator , It's a good machine I know some of the other members have them too. You wont be sorry with it, Listen to NePa he knows Cabelas stuff better than anyone.

Mr Walleye

I'll "third" the endorsement on the Cabelas dehydrator. It works fantastic!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

FLBentRider

The Cabelas Dehydrator is on my "short list" - the problems is finding a place to put it.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

Quote from: FLBentRider on October 21, 2008, 08:41:46 AM
The Cabelas Dehydrator is on my "short list" - the problems is finding a place to put it.

I've got the same dilema FL, all out of counter space in the kitchen and I don't have a garage....but where theres a will theres a way!  :D

C

Smokin Soon

The 80L has pretty good reviews, although a few complain about not getting up to temp. Any problems with that??

Mr Walleye

Smokin' Soon

I can't say I've had any problem with that. I use mine mainly for jerky. I usually apply 1 hour and 20 minutes (4 pucks) of smoke in the Bradley then move it over to the dehydrator. If I remember correctly it has an 1800 watt heating element in it.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes