Beer Can Chicken

Started by Learman12, October 24, 2008, 08:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

Thats a bullsi, bullsi!   ;D  Your in for some good eats tonight!  Temp wise I run at 220 and the trick of course is mesquite!  :D  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

bullsi1911

I have just enough Mesquite left from the brisket I did (following your recipe) to do the Chicken :)

Ripnlip

I love me some Beer Can Chicken. I really enjoyed using a Lemon Lime soda though. I tend to use MT. Dew. I rub it with some Apple Jerk Seasoning as well. With Turkey season coming up I wonder if you could stuff a mini keg in a Turkey and do it the same way?

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: bullsi1911 on November 14, 2008, 05:36:29 AM
I'll be doing my first beercan chicken in the smoker tonight.   Let me get this straight:

Rub chicken.
Put on beercan stand (I have an all stainless one that does not use the can) with beer and seasonings in beer
Plug neck hole with Lemon or lime wedge
Stand it in a heatproof dish with some veggies to catch the goodness
Smoke for 1.5-2 Hrs or until 'done'

Any suggestions on technique, spices, or tricks to try?  What temp should I use?

Sounds like a good plan. I generally try to get the smoker at the highest temperature possible. Smoke/cook until the internal temperature is 160°F - 165°F, measured at the thickest part of the thigh.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

bullsi1911

It's been in the smoker for a bit now.  I'll post a report later.

NePaSmoKer

This is how i do my BCC. 5 pucks just to get some smoke.

Then on the grill.

nepas

beefmann

great looking bird Nepas....looks at my tri tip.. then the  chicken... cuts off a leg of th  bird and puts it on my  plate...  cuts  off  several  thick slices of tri tip and places it on nepas plate...

Hope you dont  mind a trade nepas????