• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

First go with Big Easy

Started by westexasmoker, November 10, 2008, 11:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

Got it put together and seasoned up, the only thing I had thawed out were some chicken thighs so chicken thighs it is......Thighs into the smoker for an hour, pulled and onto some skewers.  Looked all over town trying to find those racks ya'll are using, guess I'll have to order some online!  Also threw in a skewer of taters!

After a little over an hour in the big easy

Some beef short ribs heading off to the smoker

Chicken turned out very nice, smokey taste, crispy skin all covered with sauce.  This is a pretty cool toy, well worth the 129 bucks!

C

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

beefmann

looks great WTS and a fine meal it is

Mr Walleye

WTS

Looks great!

Ya can never go wrong with more toys... errr.... ahhh... "equipment"!  ::)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

LilSmoker

Looks great WTS, isn't great getting new toys!  :D ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

deb415611

Quote from: Mr Walleye on November 10, 2008, 01:11:29 PM
WTS

Looks great!

Ya can never go wrong with more toys... errr.... ahhh... "equipment"!  ::)

Mike

Can be called toys here but with the spouses it's strictly "equipment"  ;D     

deb415611

WTS,

Looks awesome!   Like the wooden skewers,  I thought about  trying them but figured they would burn and everything would collapse.

Deb

westexasmoker

Quote from: deb415611 on November 10, 2008, 03:16:16 PM
WTS,

Looks awesome!   Like the wooden skewers,  I thought about  trying them but figured they would burn and everything would collapse.

Deb

Thanks Deb!  The skewers worked fine, just soak them for about 30 minutes in water before using.  I'm definitely gonna get me some of those racks though!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

deb415611

Quote from: westexasmoker on November 10, 2008, 03:38:16 PM
Quote from: deb415611 on November 10, 2008, 03:16:16 PM
WTS,

Deb

Thanks Deb!  The skewers worked fine, just soak them for about 30 minutes in water before using.  I'm definitely gonna get me some of those racks though!

C

I'm going to get some of the racks too.  I might order the basket from Charbroil when I order a cover for it.  I think I need  a cover before snow flies....

Smokin Soon

The basket and cover are sold as a set. I think it was $50.00. I am told that some cookers came with a 10% discount coupon code, so check your stuff.. Basket and cover both work well. I use the basket for the first thing that will come out. They throw in a bottle of seasoning, that is pretty good. I am told the cover is a little snug on the Costco unit as it is a bit bigger, but still works fine.

Habanero Smoker

I have the cover and basket. The basket is great because they are relatively easy to load if you want to add your vegetables half way through the cooking process, or remove food, and the sides are helpful to prevent spilling of smaller cuts. I wish I had purchased a couple. I am still going to purchase a few steam racks, they look like the work well.

The cover is not snug, it fits just right. The first time I used the cover, I thought it was snug, but that was because the creases from the folds had not straightened out (the cover is very thick). It is easy to put on and remove.  I also like it because it is vented so that moisture does not build up underneath the cover. As far as I can tell there is no difference in size between the original and the Costco unit.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)