• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ultra Fast Cure vs. Insta Cure

Started by littlebitt, November 12, 2008, 09:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitt

Hello Everyone,

I have a question about Ultra Fast Cure 6.25% (from Ultravac Solutions).  Is this the same as the Insta Cure #1 from the Sausage Maker?  If it is it's a lot cheaper.  $19.50 for 25 lbs vs $17.99 for 5 lbs.

I have been curing alot of hams and bacons, using the advice everyone gave me on sweetening them up.  Now I have a fan base, and everyone is bring their hams and bacons to me. Thank you to everyone  :)

Also, I did a few batches of Hab's CB and I can't get the smoker going fast enough to keep up with demands.  Thanks for the great recipe!  In fact I bought a second 6 rack smoker to help keep up.

Any advice on the Ultra fast cure will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Littlebitt

Mr Walleye

Littlebitt

To my knowledge cure #1 is sold under a vast array of names. The most important part is to check the ingredients and make sure it contains 6.25 % Nitrite.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

Littlebitt;

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the compliment on the CB.

As Mike stated if it is 6.25% sodium nitrite it is the same as InstaCure #1 or Cure #1.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

beefmann

welcome lil bit and the others  have you  hooked up

littlebitt

Thank you!

I ordered some up after checking that it's the 6.25%.  However, it is on backorder.  So the new question is . . . . ???

Is it ok to freeze pork bellys until it gets here?  I am all out of cure mix, and had to freeze them.  I hope the bacon will still cure the same, as they are for someone else. 

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Littlebitt

Smoking Duck

You'll be fine freezing them.  I would just make sure they're thawed completely prior to trying to cure them.  Congrats on the bacon fame.  It can sometimes be more of a curse than a blessing (well, at least as far as time is concerned).

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Stargazer

Quote from: littlebitt on November 15, 2008, 05:06:34 PM
Is it ok to freeze pork bellys until it gets here?  I am all out of cure mix, and had to freeze them.  I hope the bacon will still cure the same, as they are for someone else. 
Nothing wrong with freezing pork bellys. I have 4 nice ones in the freezer ready to thaw and cure up after Thanks Giving because I'm currently working on a ham right now. You shouldn't have a problem with freezing them as long as you plan to use them in a few months before freezer burn sets in.
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com