• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

ADDICTIONS

Started by sherlock, November 14, 2008, 08:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sherlock

As with most addictions, smoking is expensive. Both tobaco and meat.
I always wanted to smoke things. I tried foil pouches, little metal boxes, and now the DBS.

Over the last year, i just had to get the DBS, a grinder, a sausage stuffer, a slicer, a dehydrator, a vacumn sealer, different flavor Bradley biscuits, seasonings, cures, a turkey fryer, etc, etc. Last week, I bought a used side by side refrigerator/freezer to keep my better half happy. She said I was using up too much space in the refigerator in the house with my curing tubs, etc. Now I hear everybody talking about the Infrared ez Fryer and I am thinking, Do I need one of those.

I would hate to add up my total cost. Its better that NO ONE knows. ;D

What ever the cost, I say the ride is woth the cost of the trip. I have spent many hours with my toys and 99% of the time my results have been enjoyed by all. I am still far from being an expert but its hard to go wrong with the DBS and with all the help that is available on this site. Usually I just prowl around a lot and do not make a lot of posts because most everyone already knows everything I am still learning. I want to take a minute and thank the many folks who have unknowingly helped me increase my abilities. I won't mention any names because I would be sure to miss some of you.

THANK YOU MY FRIENDS FOR ALL THE HELP YOU HAVE GIVEN ME OVER THE LAST YEAR..........

Nathan

NePaSmoKer

Sherlock  (Nathan)

I can prob speak for most of the forum members by saying its our pleasure to help. Like they say in Calif..... NO PROBLEMO..... ;D

nepas

Mr Walleye

Quote from: sherlock on November 14, 2008, 08:42:35 AM
What ever the cost, I say the ride is worth the cost of the trip

There's a statement worth repeating!  ;)

I think it's safe to say that everybody continues to learn from a great group of people, such as we have, by sharing their experiences regardless of their starting position. It'a all good!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

falconbridge

Hello everyone from northern ontario, waiting for my new bradley original to arrive can't wait.  Today I am smoking salmon and lake trout with my converted fridge.  I use an apple juice brine the wife and i love the brine and smoke with hickory and apple.  This is a great site with tons of information and the folks here are so friendly and helpful.  keep up the great work.   

Mr Walleye

Hi Falconbridge and welcome to the forum!

Just in case you haven't already visited the receipe site, just click on the smoker in the bottom of my post. Tons of great receipes and information there, all provided by the fine folks here at this site.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

beefmann

well said sher and tht is the way it is  around here if you  want something good  the cost is off set by quaility